Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WC and SSDI for backup?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi everyone ~ I've been in denial about my back, thinking I'd be well enough to work and it's painfully obvious that I'm unable to do much. My back is getting worse, I'm facing more surgery and don't think I want to get anymore surgery. I'm considering applying for SSDI. I'm on WC right now but my question is this: Can I file for SSDI to get approved and not accept the payments so that I can continue to collect WC until those payments stop for some reason down the road? Was thinking I'd then already be approved and have SSDI waiting there for me just in case. If so, how do you set it up this way? And how long can you have SSDI approved and waiting for you? Thanks for your help in advance :)))

Be well & live strong ;)

• Hi KellyM, I am currently on w/c and am in the process of SSDI. You can file for SSDI and be approved but as long as your getting w/c they will not pay or only pay a percentage of the difference that you make a month on w/c. Your statement you get every year around your birthday tells you how much you will get if your disabled. And if what you get from w/c is more than that then SSDI will not pay until your w/c discontinues. Or if your w/c is lower than your statement they will pay the difference. When you file SSDI will ask you if your getting w/c and the amount. But its good to go through the long approval process so that if our when your w/c ends then your SSDI will automatically kick in. This is what my lawyer and the SSDI office has told me. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.