Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bone spurs

micklp66mmicklp66 Posts: 72
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
visit to my dr about my mri i was told i have bone spur at c3 c4 (anterior) and severe narrowing at that level. my dr advised me to go back to the neurosurgeon, scared to go back- i don't want another surgey, i am continuing with pain managment..

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    It is not uncommon for the strain on the level just above or below a fusion to cause or accelerate DDD and or another herniation. Thats what happened to me. My 3 level anterior ACDF with cadaver bone caused additional degenerative changes and another disc to herniate ... thus the total rebuild 1.5 years after the first. Fun you can have again??

Good Luck and Good Necking!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Metalneck is right on the money. I'm fused C4-C7 and now have a bulging disc above the fusion. My last surgery was 2 years ago yesterday. At the moment my surgeon is just watching, still not released me. As for bone spurs I had several of those before my surgey and one huge one that was making it's way into my spinal cord, they were removed when my fusion was done.

• my last surgery i had spurs removed, now one is back again, i can't bear the thought of being cut open again. the back of my neck bothers me alot,and with the muscles being cut, it gets very tired.you can relate to that pain being you had posterior done also,my second surgery was july 07,felt ok for a while and it all came back like a bad nightmare.. thanks for the reply.. michelle