Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Confusing on MRI report : Oct 2008

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
am confuse with my last MRI on my neck . it listed C4-5 Minimal Disk and Ostephyte .
C5-6 Minimal Disk and Ostephyte .

also listed C7-T1 Minimal loss of Height .

NO Stenosis , Normal Facets

Impressions : Stable Minimal D.D.D.on C4-5, C5-6 and C7-T1

Can someone help me to understand better , what is going on .
I have lot of Numbless in my Arms.

Due to a car Accident in 2006 , where I was hit from the rear . I had my Neck turn at the time , when I was hurt .

Steven Presnal
Los Osos, Ca

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    can't "see" pain or numbness. Minimal loss of disk height is either caused by compression or desication (drying out). What I would be most concerned about is the mention of a couple of ostephytes ... those are basically small pieces of bone ... that can often place preasure on nerve roots or the spinal cord itself causing some of the symptoms you have mentioned. Have they suggested an EMG? ... if not ... maybe you should ... that would document the reduction of nerve conduction being caused by an ostephyte ... No facet arthropathy and no foraminal stenosis ... are good things ... but it is of course the presently documented pathology that is of concern, and could be the cause of your symptoms.

Good luck and be the squeeky wheel!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• My Neurolist did a EMG test on me , two weeks ago
    and he found that I had compressed nerves on in the area in my neck . the hardest part , it seems that I can't get the right doctors to help me out . I got a treatment on tuesday , were they will put me to sleep to help with the pain :( .

I hope I can find a Surgeon that will review my case and the medical history , from my Accident .

this has been going on for over two years now :(

I am at the point , where I am getting dizzyness , when I walk or stand .

Los Osos, Ca
  • Does it make a difference if the mri report says osteophytes or osteophyte complex? Just wondering if this a interchange of words or it denotes something different.

• I starting off with two Bulging disk and it progress to Minimal disk with Osteophyte. I would think this is another name for thin Disk . Neurosurgeon told me that it would take a year for me to heal up . You should look into treatment by a doctor that has a DRX9000C mechine . it might just help you out. for me , I think it is too late for me , another type of treatment from Surgery .

Once you have bulging disk , it seems like it will get worse over time. That is what happen with me .