Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery thursday.

lmacleanllmaclean Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I had inter body lumber fusion on thursday L5S1. I am in pain but my blood pressur
Was low this am and I passed out. I may go home tomorrow
If my j pouch stops draining. It is still draining about 200cc a day. Is this bad? Also for pain medicine
I also am taking 15 mg of oxycodone. I am still in pain, but don' want my blood pressur to fall.

advertisement

Comments

• I'm not sure if 200cc in the J tube is normal but if you're in the hospital the Nurse should let you know. I hope you talk to your Dr concerning your passing out and how to drink fluids at home so you won't pass out. I hope you have someone at home to help you and also talk to homecare and get the Nurse to come and check your pressure at home. Also you have to let the Dr know you still have pain and what you can do about it. Write a list of questions for him. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Make sure he knows your still in pain, so when he writes your prescriptions for discharge you get a better pain medication if needed.

As far as drainage, I had 2 drains in my back and was taking out over 500ml/cc a day the first two days. The third day there was around 150-200 out.

Now I will see I was draining at the lower base of my incision for nearly two weeks post op! Was in the hospital 2 days.

First 4 days my bandages were completely saturated brownish color bloody. Then it started to be less and less.

But the lower incision continued, turned to a light yellow and after another week and a half it scabbed over.

If that helps any.