Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

intense arm pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am new to this forum and was hoping to find some direction. I have been suffering with back pain caused by a cervical issue for well over one year. It has become very intense since last November. I have DDD at C5-C6 and C6-c7 with a bone spur impinging the theca with mass cord effect. I have had right arm radiculpathy (?sp?) since at least November.

I had a fall about a 1 month ago and then took a friendly *smack* between my shoulder blades from a brother.

I have been up all night and my right arm is in agony. There is so much numbness and it feels totally restless ike I can't put it any position and feel comfortable. I have taken a couple of morphine tablets every 4 hrs and it still isn't killing the pain.

They also recently found something on a MRI at T5-T6 also. It could be a herniated disc or an arachnoid cyst.

My question is: When does it become an emergency and something needs to be done immediately? I am waiting on an appointment with a neurosurgeon (in Canada so our system works a little different) but what if it can't wait!

Any answers would be helpful.

Seeking Bliss

• Geez, aren't we all?

Anyhoo, welcome to Spine-Health. I had the same issue only with my left arm. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you any medical advice, just my opinion, but I know that one of the signs of an emergency is incontinence and/or loss of bowel control. Your arm pain is certainly very, very difficult to deal with. Have you tried icing it and putting a band around your arm just below the elbow? That seemed to help my arm.

I hope you get to see your neurosurgeon soon, though, because you don't want any permanent damage. As an FYI, the pain in my arm and the numbness and tingling were gone immediately after surgery.

Take care and keep us updated.