Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Putting all together

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Alternative Treatments
I know by now most members here have heard me talk about the medication blend that is so important for total pain management and control
I have to add another item to my growing list:
- Pain Medications
- Nerve Medications
- Muscle Relaxers
- Sleep aids
- Aqua Therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy
- Aroma Therapy
- Relaxation Therapy
- Osteopathic Treatments

Now the latest Retirement! In the past two weeks I have not had to spend those 8-10 hours a day by the computer.
My back feels better, when I went to see my mystical Thai magic man last week, he noticed a big improvement on how my total back muscles were feeling.
I had such a difficult time seeing myself retired. Even after 34+ years with the company, I still felt like a new babe in arms. I loved my job and still love the work that is involved. If I could have continued physically doing the computer work, I would have wanted to stay until I could no longer lift a finger to the keyboard.
Now, in some ways, I'm a bit smarter. Just as I am now smarter about not abusing my body physically, I realize that I have a Catch 22 situation.
- Work , continue to be in pain and just go around and around.
- Stop working, Retire and give this poor ole aching body time to heal.
Financially continuing to work would be the best course of action, but realistically and medically stepping down from what I have been doing for all these years was the right choice

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• At 47 I am not close enough either. Yet I too am seeing that I am in a catch 22 situation. I have started noticing that I am Ok, when not here at me desk "working". Not great, still in pain, but "ok". By 1-2 pm the merely in pain becomes torture.

The catch 22 is that I was not even hired for a "desk job" nor do I really want one. My accident and surgeries have left me unable to do the physical side of my work. Now, I am sitting here hurting, yet if I complain I am unemployed.

I guess my only real hope is that an SCS will mask enough of this to let me do some aspect of one of these jobs I am supposed to be doing!

My bigger fear is as with so many of us. The damage is not readily visible. I figure any form of disability will be very hard fought for! I don't know who is going to win this particular battle. But I'm doubting it will be me :(

Zach, I am very amazed at what you have been put through and how well you seem to be handling it!
  • sassicalssassical Posts: 3
    edited 05/10/2015 - 11:44 PM
    What is the blend?

You will find the link to 'the blend' in FAQ but I have posted you the link

Liz .......spine-health moderator

• sassicalssassical Posts: 3
    edited 05/09/2015 - 4:12 PM
    Congradulations DiLauro. Enjoy a well deserved vacation. My husband retired one week ago. Lucky for me he's now able to take me to appts. Now hopefully I'll be more proactive about my broken back and follow through with pt and all that will go along with making my spine feel better. I hope you're able to do a lot of the things you've been looking forward to.