Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone I live in Bristol, UK. I am 32 and I have recently had confirmation that I have DDD. I have cervical and lumbar prolapses and now my thoracic spine is hurting. I have associated neuralgia and limb/joint pain and walking is difficult on some days. My sister has AS and we believe that our spinal problems were inherited paternally. We don't get treated professionally if at all as hospitals have lost and muddled our records and we both have had to fight hard for years to get MRI scans. However, we try to be defiant to the pain and suffering and would walk to the USA if we had to (only to be immobile for a week after - but heyho our lives have been far more trying). Don't know if my father is on this site as he had spine problems but in his day it was all pshycosamatic and the bastard made sister and I, pack-horses to get groceries each week as children. Never having surgery, as people are sueing after having spinal cord severed when surgeon 'slipped' with knife. Awaiting injections but even that can't be organised properly. (I'm not usually a ranter, but wanted to put you all in the picture)
advertisement

Comments

• That's rough your sister and yourself have had a hard go of it with your health records and to get an MRI. I hope the injections help. They worked for me quite a bit. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So much for socialized medicine, huh? I am so sorry to hear that you and your sister have been through so much. I am really not sure how much better the medical care is here (US) but at least we do have choices in most cases. I wish you both luck and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck as you seek pain relief! :D Jenny :)