Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting to know your states W/C/ laws

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,353
Ive got an idea. a big stressor seems to be the miriad w/c laws in each state. Maybe a forum where people will be able to post some laws and administrative remedies they have found from research of the data bases of each state?
I dont know the legality of it, due to misinformation possibilitys, but clarifying the rights of a worker and the benefits due would relieve some anxiety.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I would like to see this happen too.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • at least maybe post the process? I dont think it would vary too awfull much between states, but there may be loopholes or bumps.
    thanks for the comeback!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    I can see some benefit in doing this. Normally we create a new topic (anyone can) and see how the views/posts go.
    I am also not sure how much can be posted without worrying
    impacting any legal issue.

But, I can see a post started in the Health Insurance Issues
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I think even if we could come up with the data base for members to quick links to the individual state sites. Of course since the laws very so much by state but it seems to me there are some common things though. There is case managers, adjusters, independent medical exams, functional capacity exams, maximum medical improvement. I'm just thinking out loud as these were things i have never run into in the private sector. Some other things that come to mind or the importance of documenting all phone calls and what not. Also keeping all copies of forms given to you at doctors offices. for many people like myself had no idea how to even use work comp or the likes of the things that you go through. My experience is certainly different than anything i have ever encountered in the private sector. All though we wouldn't be able to cover every single topic we could certainly hit a few of the major terms that seem to be common. Good idea i like that.