Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Low Back and Groin pain?

RFLO1RRFLO1 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone, I hope you are having a pain free day! I am new to the forum and I have had Laminectomy L4-L5(1981), L5-S1(1992), staph infection removal(1992), and have bilateral forminal stenosis of L4-L5, L5-S1 with ostephoytes and autofusion of L5-S1. About 6 months ago, I started having severe back pain, leg pain, etc. I had MRI, showed stenosis. In January, I started having severe butt/groin pain while sitting. My leg symptoms got better, had NCS/EMG on lower legs last week and they show negative, Dr. said slow response times, but within range. I don't know where to go from here. I still have back pain, and groin/butt pain. Could this be caused by the stenosis? BTW, groin pain came on after PT stretching episode. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

• I know there are several posts on this forum about buttock and groin pain. Some people have found it is related to the SI joint and/or slight rotation of the pelvis. I found a web site that addresses this to some degree. It is lowbackpain.com. You might take a look and see if it is anything like the pain you have.
  • Sorry that web site is wrong - it is thelowback.com
  • I have severe stenosis in L4-5 and the first signs were severe groin pain and, buttock pain where I could not lift my legs to walk. The groin pain was like my innards were being tied in knots. I was given muscle relaxers to relax the muscles and that did the trick as long as I did not go up and down stairs or hike up a hill.

Hope this helps you out.

God Bless!

• Yes, that up and down stairs thing really aggravated my hip pain, too. But even that is better since the acupuncture.
  • I am scheduled to see another neuroligist on Thursday for second consultation. The one that gave me EMG and NCS said there is nothing he can do for me. I may also go to see a neurosurgeon to see what they say. I also get the twisting pain, I had it so bad this am I thought I may have to go to ER. That website was great too! I may mention this to my primary Dr.

• Maybe you ought to look into Z-CoiL Pain Relief Footwear - they're pain relief shoes that can help make a real dent in that back pain your suffering from. http://www.zcoils.com
  • I am constantly being 'kicked' in the right 'daddy button' after my June 08 surgery (L4/5 to S1 fusion w/hardware). It was intermitant prior to that. It originally wrapped around from the back to the right side into the front.
  • Aw, this was a very nice post. In concept I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and on no account seem to get one thing done.
    i've found this on Google
This discussion has been closed.