Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 questions

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Is there a difference between osteophyte and osteophyte complex? Or is this just different people using different words to decribe the same thing?

Second question - Do any of you Thoracic pain suffers begin to have lumbar issues as the whole journey of chronic thoracic pain goes on and on and on? I have mentioned to my doc the numb toes and heel - and he did say this was most likely sciatic - fine, it doesn't happen 24/7 just during the day when i stand too long or walk too long (after @ 15-20 minutes). But now i have got a constant pain in my lower rt flank into the rt hip. I don't care when something is periodic - it is the NEVER STOPPING - maybe this too shall pass - but man, i don't even want to say anthing, hell they haven't figured out the thoracic yet! Just wanted to know if this a typical process for thoracic people.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    There is a direct relationship between my thoracic problems and my prior lumbar and cervical surgeries.
    I started with Lumbar Surgeries, guess my spine got tired of dealing down there and went up to my Cervical area.
    Two surgeries later a couple of bone infections from the graft and now my spine had me just where it wanted.
    Since my lower and upper spine were now already weakened, there was additional stress placed on my Thoracic area.
    I started with 2 herniated thoracic discs, but then because of an incident with a snow plow and snow, I herniated 2 more.
    My doctors firmly believe that if I hadn't already had the lumbar and cervical problems, my thoracic area would have been able to withstand the additional stress and not have herniated.
    Now is this proven formal medical knowledge. I havent read it in any article, but from a pure mechanical point of view, it makes so much sense
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • What use to be infrequent has quickly become constant in the toes/heel -

on top of that, since yesterday, not sure if it is the weather or what - but very, very lousy days! I have tried exercise, distractions, heating pad, my 'roll' from pt, sitting, standing, laying down -

All 3 areas are going beserk, neck - can't rotate, upper back - can't rotate - bend forward....and now the lumbar - my whole right hip is jsut one big ache - and a line of pain down the back of my thigh to the top of the calf - toes numb while standing and walking - i hope that when work starts up again it will improve, i am sitting more now than usual.

thanks - just starting to get a little scared and fed up today.