Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Developed Headache after Myelogram, but I don't think it's a spinal headache??

spinaltapsspinaltap Posts: 50
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
11 years ago after an epidural that went wrong, I developed a spinal headache, so I know what that feels like. After my Myelogram last Thursday, everything was fine. I did exactly what they told me, I stayed on bedrest with my head elevated for 48 hours. After my deadline had past I got up ready to get on with my life and I got a headache. I still have it 4 days later. It's different than a spinal. With a spinal, you can't lift your head of the bed without crying but when you lie down it goes away. This headache is constant. Iy is worse when I am up and moving, but it doesn't really get better when I lie down, Also, it isn't severe, just mild, pressure type of pain. Anyway, I have searched on the internet to see if maybe I'm having a reaction to the contrast dye, but I can't find much. I will be talking to my Dr. again today, but I was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of hedaches from contrast dye? Thanks for your attention and sorry so long.

• and can only describe it as a real thumper!

I was on bedrest so can't tell you what happened when I stood up.

Report it in, may be a side effect from the dye??
    Take care
  • I had my myelogram a week ago I have a bad headache and lots more lower back pain. The longer I am up the worse the pain...Why did they not tell me about this? The pain in my lower back and hips is about twice or three times what it was before the test. This really BITES!!!!!
  • Do you still have the headache a week later? If so call the hospital or doctor or radiologist who did the myelogram. You probably need a patch put in at the needle spot. Mine told me if it lasted 3 days to call. Something isn't right.
  • My wife had a lumbar myelogram 10 days ago and has a headache that does not seem to be from a spinal leak.
    It does not necessarily increase when she is up and about.

I am wondering if the headache eventually resolves in these cases. That is what our neurologist told us. I am curious if you are willing to share your experience.