Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery Scheduled March 12

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I saw the new NS yesterday and he was so great. Much better than my Ortho doc. He looked at my MRI and told me where he thought the problem was which was pretty much the same as the ortho. I was impressed that he was able to tell me without me having to tell him where the problem was. It made me feel like he knows what he's doing. He is going to do a 3 level fusion from C3-C6 on March 12 (next thursday). The ortho doc said C6-C7 was bad but the NS said I only need the 3 so I will go with his decision. He will be doing ACDF and said I will have bone stimulator after surgery. Anyone had one of those? How did it feel? Was it helpful? Sorry all the questions just want to know what I'm going to have to deal with after surgery. I've read a lot of positive and negative outcomes from multi level surgery in the neck. Just hoping my surgery will finally stop these horrible headaches, neck pain and numbness and tingling down the arms.
Thanks to pooh who convinced me to finally get a second opinion. I was afraid to find a new doc and you helped me to realize it would be the best thing for me and you were right.
Thanks also to everyone in chat, y'all are great and I really enjoy talking to everyone.

• Sabrina,
    Best wishes on your surgery. I had a 4-level lumbar fusion a couple of weeks ago & I am wearing my bone stimulator now, as I read the site. For me, since I am a lumbar patient, it is a weird belt-like contraption that you strap on for a prescribed number of hours each day. It does not hurt in the least. Nor do I feel the electricity in it. I'll be thinking of you. And please make sure you have support for when you come home from the hospital. You will need it. Good luck!
  • Good luck and keep us updated :D Glad you found a doc you like!
  • speaking of chat, where have you been? ;o) I hope that you can come see us again, it was great chatting with you! I wish you the best on your March 12 surgery. My surgery is tomorrow! (March 4). So, we shall recover together. Take care and the Lord bless.
  • Thanks for the info on the bone stimulator csmayer. It helps to know it won't hurt.
    Jakotsu thanks for the good wishes. I'm glad I found a good doc too.
    ouch I havn't been in chat the last few days cuz I've been trying to get everything together for the surgery. Good luck with your surgery, I hope it helps you. Let me know how it goes and I'll do the same.
  • Sabrina, I'm glad you finally found "the one". Good luck on your surgery and I look forward to following your recovery.

• Man do I hate insurance crap. I almost had to cancel my surgery for good. My doctor's office called me to tell me I have to pay the deductible part of the insurance before I can have surgery. They wanted over $1300 before Thursday. There's just no way I can come up with that much money by then. Luckily they agreed to take $500 although I didn't have that much either. My church is so great though. They are going to pay $350 of the $500 for me as a loan. I forgot I had signed up for a flexible spending account through hubby's work and they will repay me what I pay the doctor's office. It takes them two weeks to repay but then I can pay back the church. After figuring all that out I found out that the surgery center the doc had me set up with also want's money up front. So I called the doc's surgery scheduler and she is going to reschedule the surgery for the hospital, which doesn't ask for money upfront. As far as I know the surgery will still be the same date, so I hope they can get it figured out by then.
    I have to say that I'm so surprised everything worked out but I'm glad prayer works.
    So here's hoping the surgery is a big success after all this jumping through hoops to get it set up.
  • You are in my prayers. Let us know how you are doing.