Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How long dose it take

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
How long dose it take for you to get going in the morning after waking up on a normal day? It takes me about 2 hrs. and then I can start the normal stuff.
Good luck, Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• Sometimes I have no choice but to get going immediately, but I know what you mean, the mornings are always painful for me and it takes a couple hours to get my pain mostly under control. Luckily I have not had too much tightness in the lower back itself when waking, but a relaxer such as valium or flexeril can sometimes loosen things up.
  • It used to take me an hour to get out of bed waiting for the med to work. But taking a slow release med at bedtime helps to not feel the full impact of getting up pain. Sometimes though if I get a leg cramp that has floored me and I scream a little and stretch it out. I usually don't get dressed so I lounge around in pjs all day. It makes it easier to put on the heating pad and massage machines. I hope we can start healing soon. Take care everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Normal, normal or normal? Eh, I am out of bed once I wake up in a minute or two. I also usually feel fairly decent! :D

That lasts about 2-10 minutes :jawdrop:
    I will usually drop some Ibuprofen quick in the hopes of staving off the worst aches and pains and a rebound headache that usually kicks in soon. Right now I'm in the "no blood thinners" pre procedure time zone. So I just ache, You'd think with Norco, Neurontin and Desipramine I'd be "ok" Not so much though #o

My current mode is to shower, eat, chug coffee and get to work. If I arrive at work ok, then so be it! YAY <:P

If, I arrive at work after thinking of turning around and going home several times and in sufficient pain to be really miserable, then I usually take the first of many allotted Norcos and hope I don't do anything stupid while I'm at work that day 8}

Or, fall asleep because I did not sleep well the night before I)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    The only reason I say that is because it can be so different among people.
    A while ago, I put together my day, which can easily describe any person in chronic pain and what there day is

One thing that I have noticed. When I was traveling back and forth to work, it just seemed like I would be able to get
    'ready' much sooner than I do when I have worked from home.
    A lot of that could be because when I last used to travel to work was in 2001, so now 8 years later, I am a bit older and slower.

The other part that I have noticed and this is not just in my personal life, but from reading posts from members here.

Working mothers seem to have the best rebound ability, in the morning, afternoon and night. I am not sure if this is because of physical reasons, but more to the point that they HAVE to. I cant remember the last time I heard about a working mother taking time off because of some soreness
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks for noting us working moms - I truely believe that God gave us women and extra battery or something....I don't believe I am alone in saying my day starts at 5:45 am and the first chance I really get to relax is @ 10 pm - after kids are in bed, and catch up on the house or business...

I know when I let myself lay on a heating pad or ice - something is really up - my days are just not built for that type of care - my time will come - say in about 8 more years - when the youngest is 15 - but it shall come,

But on the bright side, perhaps it helps keep us occupied and we don't linger in the pain.

This discussion has been closed.