Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to all this

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
well I have never had surgery before, but 6 weeks ago I had surgery for 3 discs herniated in my neck , i had 3 bone replacements and some hardware put in, then came the brace for 6 weeks, after i weaned myself off that as directed, I'm having bad headaches and of course spasms. i'm getting dizzy, was taking flexeril, and darvon for pain, now they put me on norflex and valium and darvon still.

none of this seems to help, the headaches are terrible at times, but Now tomorrow I go in to have a hysterectomy, no choice in waiting dr says, and my surgeon approved it in regards to my neck, I have a 2 year old daughter, and lost my 13 year old daughter to bone cancer in 2008. So depression is a big issue for me, and I hate to take medicine, I'm supposed to start physical therapy in 6 more weeks, and they told me to use cold packs for the spasms/headaches.
I don't have the chronic pain I did before, and I can feel my arm and fingers again, but I work in an insurance office and I'm not sure I will be able to go back full time?
and I know disability isn't an option, I haven't been thru enough yet from reading everyone elses stories.
So I'm unsure where to begin.
any advice would be appreciated.

• Let me say welcome to spine-health. Good luck tomorrow on your surgery. You sure have a full plate. Hopefully physical therapy will help once you get to that point. Have you tried and deep tissue message to release some of the trigger points? Recovery is a long road and often times not easy. You are not that far out of surgery and it is going to take sometime. Keep us posted on how surgery goes and keep working on your recovery. Once again welcome to spine-health.
  • I had two levels done the day after Christmas on my neck and fortunately my neck pain is so much better but I am facing shoulder surgery next Tuesday for Rotator Cuff and I know the feeling of going through another surgery..please hang in there and Depression can be a difficult place to be...I go for counseling and it has helped! Will keep you in my prayers tomorrow! hugs, cheryl