Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New medication

stinger66sstinger66 Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Pain Medications
Saw pm doc today & he put me on fentanyl patch 100mg patch that will last for three days. I am also taking neurontin 600mg 4xdaily. Anyone out here with the fentanyl patch experience who can comment please do.

Thanks, Norm :)

• I remember you having problems with other meds, and I hope this is the one that works for you. I'm on 100 mcg every 2 days. You may experience nausea, vomiting, headaches, sweating, and itching from the patch initially. Keep in mind that you have to go through an acclimation period and in time the side effects should go away. There's one important thing however, the best place to put the patch on is your belly. I used to have side effects when I wore it on my upper chest. After I switched to the belly, I had no more problems. Fentanyl works better where there is more fat distribution. I never feel euphoria or spacey on it and am comfortable driving. Never drive until you know how it affects you. You can use tape on the edges if it doesn't stick well and the best ones are Nexcare or Tegaderm medical tape. Always change it at the same time each day. If you have any questions you can ask me or look up the old archived posts here on SH. Take care
  • Deleted post, I need to ask the question elswhere!