Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So incredibly tired!

alcbaalcb Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
What's the trick? How on earth do you deal with pain 24/7, kids, work, husband, daily stress, meds, other conditions and actually stay awake!? I am always exhausted and feel like I have about 50% of the flu. You know...that feeling like you've been run over by like maybe a pick-up truck instead of a mack truck. On top of the fatigue, I have general muscle aches and joint pains. I can hardly stand it anymore. I take Provigil to help combat the fatigue from my narcotics, but I sleep crappy b/c any position is tolerable at best and just the constant..nagging...pulling...burning...pain. I'm surprised my husband hasn't left me after 5 yrs of complaining (he's a saint), so you guys are my target today...sparing him just a little :). Any hints, or ideas? What helps when your get up and go, got up and went about 5 years ago? <):)
Surgery #2 is coming in May...so no end soon. :''( I gotta get through work and my life somehow.
Thanks! Andrea

• I would give anything to know the trick! I just want you to know you aren't alone. I have a full time job with a 45 minute commute, 2 teenage daughters (talk about stress), husband (a saint as well) and so on....including 24/7 pain from head to toe. Sometimes I don't know how I do it, I try not to think too much about it because I start freaking out. I just wish I knew the answer/trick so I could send it your way. This life with chronic pain is so absolutely overwhelming!!! I hope you can find the strength and energy that you need. Take care, Lori.
  • there's no trick hun .spinal surgery takes it out of you .{as does any surgery} i have had 2 lots of surgery and apart from the fact that i am getting older i am permanently tired and achy i nap during the day and carnt sleep at night due to pain .my whole life has been changed due to surgery .dont think that you are on your own Andrea .far from it ...that's why web sites like this exists!
  • I too have had so much fatige after two surgeries. I just posted the other day in the Depression forum thinking I may be depressed? I just want to feel good. It's so frustrating to not feel good and you want to so bad. I still have aches and zaps and soreness everywhere. When someone posts that magic pill, I want some!
  • I figured there was no magic answer...but thought I would try! :))( The exhaustion is just so overwhelming. Now, on top of everything else...I got a 2nd opinion on my next surgery. It's done nothing but cause me more questions, concerns and stress! UUUGGGHHH!!! ~X(
This discussion has been closed.