Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back and Leg pain...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Hi, I have excruciating pain in my lower right back and buttock area, along with pain down along my right abdomen, and upper front thigh area. My doctor has said it is a cyst on my right ovary, I don't believe this because I have had what they call a roaming cyst every since I was 14 years old (off and on) of course...I have never felt this pain ever before. My doctor of course has done nothing but give me more and more pain killers,but has not took any x-rays or MRI or CT. I just want to correct this health problem before it leads to some other problem.All suggestions welcomed.Thank You.Vickiec

• Without a MRI or other diagnostic test I don't think there is any way of knowing "for sure"....can you get a 2nd opinion??? I have ovarian cysts & have had some very minor pain from it, but it's no where near the excruciating pain I have from my ruptured disks & sciatica. What size is your cyst? If it's big it could cause that type of pain.

There is a handy chart you should look up, it's called a dermatome chart...it may help you figure out if it's from your back.

Hope you get some relief soon!!
  • I had to ask my Dr for an MRI after 3 months pushing through the pain I did my back in. If your Primary Dr isn't ordering CT or MRI (better) you need to pursue another Dr walk in clinic for example If you had a ruptured cyst it can hurt alot and you should get pain meds. But push for the imaging. An Ultrasound could also be a good test for that cyst. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :-S:worried:
    In about Nov 2008 I began to have dizzy spells. It happened while laying in bed, and sometimes while I was standing. If I turned the wrong way (I don't know which way was wrong), the room would spin. Being in bed made it easy not to fall. It lasted about 2 weeks.

Immediately afterward, my inner thighs developed a tightening that was unbearable. A week later the outer thigh muscles began to hurt. It got to a point where I had to pull up on my left leg to get the car completely, or assist both legs when trying to put on my socks and shoes. I then began to feel a tightening in the muscles/tendons behind my knees. I could not squat down or bend my knees without pain in my legs.

Jan 4, 2009 I started changing some things. Instead of eating 700-900 in calories a day, I increased it to at least 1400 per day. I didn't realize how poor my diet was. I also started taking vitamins, and using the gazelle I bought 4 years ago to glide at least one mile a day, which actually burns about 140 calories. I have lost about 6 pounds since I began eating MORE and exercizing. After about 3-4 weeks, I began to feel pain across my shoulders.

I have the sensation of a knot in the center of my spine, between my shoulder blades, but there is nothing there: no swelling, no bumps, nothing. The pain is very sharp in both shoulders, and since mid Feb2009, it has begun to work down past my elbow, into my lower ower arm. I now take two 200mg Ibprofen tablets twice a day to make the pain bearable. As long as I exercise the ache in my thighs has subsided a little, but then I don't know if it's exercize or the pills now.

Three days ago, the dizzy spells started again. It has happened at least once a day.

Has anyone exeperienced these symptoms back to back, or heard of it before?