Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what does it mean?

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
What does it mean if your right toes go numb and/or your left heel goes numb after standing or walking for longer than 15 minutes. I happens @ 75% of time, usually have issues in the T and C areas this has been new since right before christmas, increased frequencies lately. Been dealing with c and t for 2 years now.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    I would think that the numbness you may have can be contributed to:\

- Past surgeies
    - Nerve damage
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • You might want to check out a dermatome chart. The area you mention is generally referring from the L4 nerve root.
  • Thank you for your replies - I have not had any back surgery on the spine...in 1999 I had 2 lipomas removed from right of the spine into the body cavity under the hip bones.

I don't believe my foot gets swollen - had Morton's Neroma removed from rt foot, have them on the left, but it is not as bad as when the right was a problem.

I feel swollen in my right hip - similar to how I felt before the lipomas removed (they were never seen on a mri - found by mistake, when remove a lipoma at the surface in that area)...and the pain continues down the back of my thigh (I assume siactic) to the back of my knee. It is a dull ache - similar to the way the Morton's made my leg feel before they were removed - except coming from the top not from the foot up.

thanks for you input...i did mention this to my doc when isaw him for my t and c - but it is happening more frequently and God - it is like yet another thing to tell them....i think alot of you know what I mean!

thank you again,
  • L5and S1 to me
  • mrspooremmrspoore Posts: 1
    edited 11/28/2015 - 7:24 PM
    What does this mean? At L4/5 there is dedication of the disc with large central disk hernia of 8mms there is moderate to lager spurring of the facets with mild facet joint fluid causing several posterior narrowing of the canal . The app diameter of the canal is 3mm. With cross section there is serve re narrowing of the later recesses and vitamins the is end plate edema

This is a very old post, the original poster has not been online for more than 6 years

I suggest you create a new thread but please be aware that no on one the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or
    or recommendations on any diagnostic test. However, the following key words can always be applied.

• MILD Treated with conservative measures such as Physical Therapy and mild medications. Many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved.
      MODERATE Some more treatments may be needed, ie Spinal Injections, Ultra sound and stronger medications. Always a possibility of more aggressive treatment if the conservative measures don't help
      SEVERE Need for stronger medications. The requirement for surgery may be necessary

How to make a thread
    For more helpful information please click on link
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz -Spine-health Moderator