Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pillows for Charity

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Matters of the Heart
During my time, that I have been on "couch rest", I have found a way to pass the time, that I am extremly good at. I have been making pillows for people that are close to me and in my community. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, textures, and comforts. What I have been doing is once I get a request for one I tell the person how much the materials cost, the fabric, the zipper, and stuffing. So as not to be to exact I round the total price of material to nearest dollar up. (If total cost is about $5.64, I'll round it up to $6. [US]) then I give it to them for exactly that and anything else I recieve I consider it to be a donation twords the "Broken down welder who needs some help cause he can't work" foundation, or charity. The reason I bring this up is this gives me a since of pourpose during this time that I am hurt and can't do anything. It takes me a couple of hours to sew one up, and its all done by hand. No machine at all. The mose recent one I did had no zippers, was on a "real tree camo" fabric and used stiff packing that still had some bounce for my wifes friends couch. It was 2 12" x 12" corner pillows with one 12" x 24" pillow for the center of the sectional. She absolutly loved them and I only had about $5 US tied up in it.
The pillows range from bed pillows that are a standard 12"x24" to full body pillows that are 6' long. I can make as many of the same design that is needed. If you would like me to make you a personal pillow that will look great and last forever please contact me here or at dieselthefuel@hotmail.com :I would love to make you one and it would make me feel great to send you one where ever you may be in this world and its nice to have another since of pourpose. Thanks for your time and consideration.

My contact information is:

Pm me here

918-407-7724 ask for Phillip (United States)

or you can write me

Phillip Metz
6726 S Lewis Ave Unit #1206
Tulsa, Ok 74136

• If you have any questions about how I make them please feel free to ask me here, or if you have any questions about how it all goes together, what type of stuffing I use, anything please feel free to ask me. Its nice just to have something to talk about. Again, Thanks for your time, and your consideration, I hope I can help everyone just a little more comfortable.

And yes I use child labor! My 10 year old likes to help me stuff the pillows, I've been teaching him to sew and for some reason every time I finish one he wants to pull all the stuffing apart and cram it down in it. I surely don't mind. :)
  • Soon as my internship turns into a paid job I'll give ya a shout!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• The main reason that I started this is to give me something to do, to be honest it is therapudic. There is nothing worse in this world than to have to sit, in one spot, not because you have nothing to do but because you are afraid if you get up, you might collapse from the pain and be stuck on the ground with no one to help you move. Sewing these pillows take my mind off the pain and off the reality of this injury that I am stuck with. I like doing this and I would like even more to do it for you. Thanks.
  • A very nice lady from the great state of mississippi called me and gave me some advice about making some ortopedic pillows and also about putting up some pictures of my pillows so you guys have an idea about what it is that I am making. The black and white pillow is fur so it is very soft and the checkered pillow is an orthopedic pillow. It goes under my knees to keep them elevated and to keep my back straight. http://tulsasportbikeriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21870&p=284715#p284715
  • hopefully i'll be able get one from ya soon! good for you and the therapy aspect, hope you DONT!!!! fall and not have someone to pick you up...!
    be cool to use some of the cammo matierial and make tree stand cushions for those who still can climb the trees
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Ironicly a friend of my ol lady's has found a new belief in real tree camo, she has what I like to call a personality swing "" she has a boyfriend who is country and her last is city if you know what I mean, Ironicly I made her some real tree camo couch cushions to suit her new belief and it was a big hit with her man, so I guess there actually pretty good, anyway nice to know that I have a fan, kinda sorta. Thanks for your time.