Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Introduction

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi!!
I am Tamara. I used to be a very active person (Zumba, Salsa,Bollywood Dance, etc.) until November 2008 I herniated L4-L5 . ( Protrusion w/ L4 nerve root Impingement) Initially I lost motor and sensory function . I can walk now but have sciatica and sensory abnormality. I have tries everything (Inversion, Acupuncture, 2 Steroid epiduals, and PT 2X a week. Currently, my recovery is very slow. I use a treadmill and some days I can walk 2.5 miles and others .5 miles. I have noidea why I have such a eratic recovery pattern. I am contemplating surgery (microdiscectomy). I really just want to get back to my normal activity level as exercise is an important part of my wellbeing.
advertisement

Comments

• Have you tried TENs or massage machine or myofascial release? Good luck with your recovery. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am wondering if you have tried any of the nerve pain medications for the sciatica? :? i use Lyrica and it has worked wonders for me.. good luck as you make your decisions. if it does comes to surgery, make sure you get that invaluable second opinion. the more confirming information you have the better!! :D Jenny :)
  • I have trisd TENS, acupuncture, Physical Therapy, and Inversion Therapy. I have not tried Myofascial release/
  • Oddly enough I have not had any offers for pain meds. I have had 2 epidurals.
advertisement