Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all, introduction

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
I was diagnoised with Tarlov Cysts Disease last Sept. I have back pain that radiates down my left leg. I have been seeing a pain managetment doc since last Nov., have gotten 2 rounds of epidural steroid shots. It didn't help me at all the first time. I got more March 2 and the day after was wonderful, no pain. On the 3rd. the leg pain returned but not as bad as it has been. Then on the 4th I started having increased back pain. So I am not sure about getting any more of them. :<

I take Neurotin for the nerve pain, and also have demoral for the pain when it is bad. It has been so bad that I had to crawl to the bathroom, I thank the Lord that it isn't like that all the time.

I also suffer from depression, anxiety and painic attacks, and fibromylgia. I have been sick most of my life, I have an ilestomy due to ulcertive colitis. And had to have several surgeries since then. And now this new disease tarlov cysts. I know there are a lot of people that are worse off than I am, but sometimes it just get me down so bad. My animals help me a lot, a teacup chichuchu, at cat and a horse. My horse is a big stress reliever for me, but now I don't know if I can ride anymore, breaks my heart. But hopefully I will be able to do more ground work with him. I have taught him to do several tricks, my passion. I hope this disease isn't going to take this away from me, but if it does I will just have to do the best that I can. :''(

I am sorry for all the venting, I hope I meet new friends here and I hope that I can be a friend to others, take care,

Cindy :H

• Welcome to the board. I am sorry that I no nothing about Tarlov Cyst disease but I am sure there are others on the board that can relate.

Are you on an antidepressant? It is fairly common for people with chronic pain to be depressed. There are medications for depression that also deal with pain, such as Cymbalta that might help you, if you aren't taking something similar.

Since you had a little relief from the 2nd ESI, you might want to have the 3rd injection. Generally if you have had NO change in pain, it is not worth it, but in your case it would be worth a try. I know people that had little relief from the first two, but found lasting relief with the 3rd.

I hope you will find the board helpful. Did you run a search for "Tarlov Cysts?" I'm sure I've seen others posting about that. I just can't remember where!!

xx Gwennie :H
  • I think demerol is quite a depressant. My Dr put me on MS Contin to level out the pain especially overnight. I know there are several members here who also love horseback riding also. I found the epis worked more on my leg pain as opposed to the back pain. I've also receved facet joint injections for arthropy or arthritis which has helped a little. Your teacup puppy looks cute in your avatar. Take care. Another member with tarlov. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi and welcome to the board. My Spinal Stenosis has caused me major leg pain and some low back pain. I had my first epidural shot Feb. 27 and it has given me noticeable relief in my legs but I find I have worse low back and hip pain now? Strange eh? Maybe we are just noticing our back pain more because we are not thinking about our leg pain. :??
    I will try 2 more EPI shots and hopeful get more relief. I hope you find more relief too.
    I did look up Tarlov Cyst Disease and interesting enough I have the majority of those symptoms too including finding it hard to empty by bladder etc. X(
    Nana Shan