Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

prayers needed

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Matters of the Heart
prayers are needed for northern ireland,2 soldiers were shot dead last night and 4 people seriously injured by the IRA im not sure if you all know but years ago this was almost a daily occuranced and now we have had peace for many years.99% of people do not want this to start again but there are a few hard core people who what to keep this going.Myself and mrs p have been through all this before and even though we are different religions,and want are children to grow up with the peace we did nt have. we both hate this and do not want this to start again.Please pray for northern ireland and for the british soldiers who are trying to protect us against the vile IRA

• I hope they catch those radicals. It's scary if you want to travel about to physio or wherever and have that violence pop up again. I hope you will be safe. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i am with you benji! :D the idea of having civil war again must be very frightening! my prayers are with you all! L, Jenny :)
  • Benji,
    I was not aware the IRA was making a go of it again as far as this level of violence. I do remember well hearing the horror stories out of Ireland, my grandmother's homeland. I will be praying that they are put down quietly.
    Fused L2-3 to S1 and at C5-6. I have a central herniation @ T11-12 and multiple bulging discs in my thoracic. I also have fibromyalgia and suspected arachnoiditis, awaiting my results of a recent MRI.
  • im afraid it seems to be that way mazie,there is a splinter group calling themselves the real IRA who do not want peace in northern ireland,but hopefully it will not esculate into the level of violence there was before,99% of people would hate this to happen again,my children have grown up with peace in this country and we have friends from both sides of the comunity,just the way it should be
  • last night a policeman was killed by the IRA,im praying this does nt get any worse,people are afraid again of something that had stopped years ago
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am thinking of you all, lets hope it doesn't start up again. I have a brother who was a soldier for 30 years and served 3 times in Belfast during those years, so I understand what you went through. It was such a relief when they agreed a cease fire, I too got caught up in the fear of bombing in London, working for Telecom we were a prime target, the fear of shopping centres and the underground, but it was nothing like you endured there in the front line.
    we can only pray the recent events don't escalate.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I am praying for Ireland as a whole to find a lasting peace regardless of which side a person subscribs too.
    political reasons for killing a person is wrong irregardless of reason. I hope the Isle finds itself a solution.
    peace to you and yours and how does it go?
    erin go bragh?
    Ireland forever?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Our prayers are with you and your country that it will keep and maintain the peace it has for many years. I hate to hear there has been a flare up and pray it ends soon.
  • Oh how my heart sank when those soldiers got killed and then the policemen...I still have half my family in Ireland, in County Fermanaugh, and we have seen a burnt out house on the way to our family home, and it brings it home to you that its not in the cities, its in rural communities too. The fear....is a dreadful thing as its stopped some of my relatives returning back to Ireland, and my husband is scared to visit it, and yet there a re parts of it I would dearly love to show him.

The irish hospitality is something not matched anywhere else. If you ention your family was from the area and the mention one or two names, and their families are still there you get to go and have tea/coffee etc with them and chat, so in an afternoon you could have 3-4 cups of tea and cake, oh and their tradditional dish Boxty is lovely.

The scenery etc is beautiful, the people are most hospitible and if there is a party to be had, no better time to be had then wehen there is a guiness in your hand listening to live music (a caddaugh(spelt wrong i think)

Love Danni xxxx