Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wednesday Surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H My back surgeries are now scheduled for March 11th and March 13th. L1-S1 fusions...on 2 separate days. Getting a little nervous. Have printed out things I need from the list I found here...very helpful. Been reading everyone's posts for weeks now...very helpful. Just keep me in your prayers. Has anyone had this large of a fusion before? If so, what should I expect other than what I have read here? Would love to hear from someone who has had this same type of surgery.

• I am being admitted on the 11th for surgery on the 12th March, so we will be recovering together. I am having a L4 to S1 fusion done, with a PEEK cage spacer put in where the disc between L4/L5 should be. Its the second time round for me. No-one knows why it didn`t work the first time.I have heard of others on here who have had L1 to S1 too, and they haven`t been back in a while, so we can only assume all is well and they are getting on with there lives, which is encouraging!

Other than the practical advice you have read on here, you will have to learn patience and the art of letting go, letting other people care for you and not noticing things like dust on the shelves or the dishwasher not stacked properly. Just make yourself the number one priority and make sure you don`t over do anything, listen to your body and rest as much as you can. Walk several short walks a day when the doc says you may. Kiss the vacuum cleaner and your ability to put your own shoes and socks on, Goodbye on the 10th as it will be a while!

Good Luck and Best Wishes Viking
  • Will be praying for you both. Hang in there, do whatever the doctor says and be patient.
  • Thanks for the info...I do appreciate it and it even made me laugh...which is good. I'll gladly kiss that vacuum and dishwasher goodbye for awhile. Patience. Work on patience...got it. :< That will be my challenge. Once again, thanks for the advice! >:D<
  • I am pretty sure you are in a time zone at least 6 hours behind me, so I am in time to say Good luck before you leave for the hospital.
    I am in the mid of packing, cursing that I don`t know whether to take this or that, never know whether to pack day clothes or slouch about in hospital clothes, and they said 7 to 10 days , so how many books and magazines does a spiney get through ?
    Anyhow the deed will be over and done with next time we make contact, so heres to us and our recovery !( Viking raises her glass of milk and rattles her meds box, no alcohol to toast with. )

All the best , V