Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hooray for me, NOT!

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
I took a dive at a Walmart parking lot today. The good ole leg went out and ALAS! I fell to the ground. My knees were scraped along with my dignity. My husband rescued me as two on lookers ask if I was okay (at least they gave a @#$t) Anyway I am paying for it with fiery nerve pain and a very sore back. Please anyone, share a story with me so I don't feel so bad L) Thank you my fellow spinies.

• Bless your heart! O:) I'm sending good vibes your way in the hope that you won't be enduring a flare up from the fall for too long. I haven't taken a dive in the parking lot but I have in the mall - on their nice, newly polished tile - actually I had a dress on and loss my footing, feet came out from under me, landed on my butt and slid pass several stores before I came to a stop -- was able to hold my dress close to my thighs so I didn't flash the whole mall. Luckily didn't cause too much pain but had some nice bruises on my buttocks. :))(

What we need are those "roundabouts" advertised on TV - motorized chairs - I'm ready to get one and customize it so I can "ROLL" like I used to on the weekends (LOL). Anyway, WE'VE ALL BEEN IN YOUR SHOES - JUST HAVE TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR ABOUT THOSE SORT OF THINGS! TAKE CARE AND I'LL KNOW YOU'LL BE FEELING BETTER SOON.
  • Sorry about your incident at the mall and thank goodness there wasn't a wardrobe malfunction to add to it. ;) Yeah, I'd like to have one of scooters but I heard it wasn't good for us. I beg to differ. It is so hard to get around and to have pain on top of it. I am seriously thinking about getting a walker with wheels or something. Take care :)
  • How sad, my heart goes out to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
  • Oh, you poor little love. Just talking to my daughter this am about falling over-concluded I never move fast enough to fall. Have dropped coffee cup when spasm hit- I try to laugh and think well I have managed other cups of coffee intact. But "THE PAIN'-"THE PAIN"!!!! Just shared your Walmart woe with my daughter and Grandson and we all send big Gentle hugs and warmth to ease the pain
    Hugs N' Loves
    Paula, Janna and Dallas
  • one day i felt better than usual and was walking round school smilin and carryin on, woo hoo! till...
    my gal pal rushes up and hugs me gently as she is want to do, and whispers ever so gently...
    yer barn doors open.
    and here i thought i was finaly getting to be a looker.
    my slip was at the local H.E.B.s grocery store, slid on a wet oily patch o pavement and and with wildly flailing arms and a prolonged fight to balance... i fell. nothing hurt but my poor pants, yep ripped the seat right out of the bottom, grocerys had to wait awhile
    hope ya feel better!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I slipped pretty bad last week & that hurt everywhere just trying to stop the fall. My purse went flying, every muscle in my neck, arms, back tightened. I had a pretty bad couple of days recovering from it. Ouch! I feel for you! Sorry to hear you fell.
  • Watching fireworks.....my leg gave out so I lost my balance then tripped over the basketball stand and then I went all the way down but I managed to save my glass of tea! LOL! Everyone tried not to laugh but I was quite a show the way I fell and saving my tea to top it off, so we all had a good laugh together (what can you do, if you don't laugh the pain will get you!?!) BUT I knew before they helped me up I was going to pay for that fall! The pain in my back and legs, the nerves....I was a mess for days!

I hope this makes you smile, we still chuckle about how I saved the tea so it's ok, you can laugh too!I hope you are feeling better today!
  • Thank you so much for your kindness and sharing your stories and I'm sorry everyone has had this happen to them. Like they say, one day we can look back and laugh about it? Sure.. >:D<

This is off topic, but my husband's ex coworker was a happy go lucky drunk that was on the roof drinking his beer and had the misfortune of slipping. According to witnesses he landed on the ground without spilling a drop of beer. Go figure. Anyways, this story always makes me laugh and the guy is now legendary for this feat. Thank you Leftback for inspiring this recollection when you mentioned you managed to save your tea =))
  • I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a good day!
This discussion has been closed.