Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 months post acdf

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
WoW! It's all ready been 7 months since my c5-6 acdf. It feels like yesterday. I have stated before that I feel like I am just getting worse as the time goes by.

My meds have been changed. I am now on oxycotin 10mg 3x per day.- Will have to pick that up tomorrow.- Oxycodone 5/325 evry 4-6 hours. A steroid type pack for 7 days begin tomorrow. I have been feeling so terrible for about a month now. Last week my husband came home from work to find me crying hysterically. He wanted me to go to ER. I said "NO", took an extra pill.

I will be seeing a new surgeon next month. The Dr. who is taking care of my pain now believes it's my 3/4 disc. That is the one that I was referred for surgery. I have been trying to find another surgeon for another opinion in the meantime. But every time I think I find one that I am interested in I hear from somebody to stay away. SO maybe I just wait to see this one? The Dr. & his asst. really like hime & think that I will too.

What about work! I really don't think that working is in my best interest right now. At least not now. But, will I ever be able to work? I have an office postition that keeps me extremely busy. I find myself feeling better by Monday (that is my day off). I am still able to do things around the house & for myself but I don't have to be "on" all the time. I can rest in my recliner. As it is I go to work in the morning & come home & sit in my recliner until bedtime. Actually I can't not work. I have too many bills to pay.

I am sorry for the ramble. It's probably taking up too much time & space. I don't even know why I am writing. That's why I have been away. I know so many are much worse off than I am. Honestly I can't imagine being any worse than I am now. I know that may sound selfish, it is only my honesty.

Thank you all for your kindness & support! >:D<

• I'm so sorry that your still not feeling any better after your surgery.But at least if it is your c3,4 then you will know that the area worked on has not failed.Did you know before your surgery that you may have a problem with that area as well or were you surprised when you were told its possibly your 3,4.I had c4,5 c5,6 and c6,7 done and am always worried that i'll end up with more in my cervical area.I hope you get some definitive answers soon! good luck with your surgeons apt.