Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie looking for answers...any ideas what this means?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I had an Mri on my lumbar WO contrast and these are the results:
L1-L2: Small broad-based posterior disk bulge. No central canal or foramina narrowing is seen.
L2-L3: There is mild by a lateral facet arthrosis. No disk bulge or herniation. No central canal or neural foraminal narrowing.
L3-L4: There is mild bilateral facet arthrosis. There is a small broad based posterior disk bulge which is left paracentral and left lateral in location. It causes mild narrowing of the left neural foramen. No central canal or right neural foramina narrowing.
L4-L5: There is a disk height loss and mild disk dessication. There is a small right paracentral posterior disk protrusion with associated annular tear. It causes mild to right lateral recess narrowing and mild right neural foraminal narrowing. No left lateral recess, central canal or left neural foraminal narrowing is seen.
L5-S1: There are changes of degenerative disk disease with disk height loss and this disk dessication. There is a focal right lateral disk protrusion with associated annular tear. It impinges upon the transiting right S1 nerve root but does not cause central canal or lateral recess narrowing.
I was seen March 1, and I follow up with my family M.D. on the 24th of this month, but in the meantime I am in Severe pain! Any thoughts or suggestions would be great! ThanI had an Mri on my lumbar WO contrast and these are the results:
L1-L2: Small broad-based posterior disk bulge. No central canal or foramina narrowing is ks!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    This Thread is being closed. There is already a duplicate post of this in Low Back Pain.

Many times people believe that making duplicate posting increases the exposure of their questions. In reality , it doesnt but it does create more confusion.

Look at our FAQ which explains in detail why duplicate posting is not a good idea
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com