Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval
ATTENTION: All NEW MEMBERS
1) Your first discussion or comment needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

Pariet

BruceBBruce Posts: 516
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Pain Medications
After years of taking NSAIDS for back pain (prior to my fusion surgery) and also for migraines my stomach has finally had enough. I have now been put on Pariet (alos known as Aciphex)to try and repair a stomach ulcer. This medicine contains the active ingredient rabeprazole sodium, which is a type of medicine known as a proton pump inhibitor. It acts in the stomach to decrease the production of stomach acid.

Has anyone here had any experience with Pariet? As usual, I am super cautious about taking any medication these days, due to the risks of side effects.
Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

advertisement

Comments

• I started taking Pariet last summer when I was put on Froban (Flurbiprofen), a strong anti-inflammatory. It worked great for me until I started on Sulfasalazine, then I had BIG issues with reflux; at that point, I had to start taking Sulcrate to heal the lesions in my throat. From there they put me on Omeprazole (Losec) instead, which worked better. Several months later, it wasn't working so well, so I went back to the Pariet. So far, so good, but I keep the Omeprazole handy in case I have to make a change again! :confused:" alt=":confused:" height="20" />

Tracy
  • Thanks for sharing your experience Tracy, and great to hear from you! :)
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator