Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 10

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:29 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hi all,
well week10 is here and much to my amazement ive lost again!!!!....not much mind you but ive lost...0.8kg actually im well pleased with that loss as i was at the docs wednesday past and she said the lyrica is working against the slimming meds she gave me.
as the weight issue isnt doing much for my confidence these days ive decide to try to wean myself of the lyrica,i am just not happy with my inner self lately and i know the weight is playing a big part in this.
im in this for the long haul and so so determained to stick with it.
i hope to see more of the diet crew post this week as the numbers have drastically fallen.
just remember were are all in this togeter and we need each oters support ......so come on you lot get those fingers typing!!!!

LOVE P
OXO
advertisement

Comments

• glad to hear abgout your loss!-keep it coming...darn those meds working against each other like that!...but at least you have identified the problem, and are working to get rid of it!...best of luck with that!

as for myself, the female issues have balanced out, resulting in a weighin at 351 this week, which brings me to a total of 18lbs lost so far!!!!!!

ironically, i have been having my worst pain months ever since starting losing weight....go figure. but oh well...just going to keep my chin up, keep doing what i can, and let the lbs fall where they may....lol

dawn

ps..and if i can prove to the drs that the pain is NOT related to my weight....so much the better!!!
  • Alright, I've gained a pound or two this week, :(

I've been so stressed and pain has been so high that all I want to do is eat chocolate and cookies and all that not so god for you stuff. I am making a promise to myself that when I get over this virus, I am going to start on the stationary bike and treadmill for a few minutes a day. Nothing too tough, but enough to trim off this extra weight. I have never been this out of shape, but I guess back problems, stress, etc really affect your motivation and ability to stay fit.

Congrats on the weight losses Paula and Dawn, Keep up the good work!!!

Come back post everyone!! It seems we have lost many of you and I think we can all really use the support! There were so many the first few weeks, and now it's down to a small handful of us. Don't be afraid!
  • I'm doing great on this weight gain program. 267

Mitch
  • thats alright Mitch, we'll just have to keep motivating each others to try and get off our butts!

• I have been going to the gym and it is killing me. But I am determined to get this weight off. Problem is I go do my workout and then am useless the rest of the day, or even for 2 days. But you know what they say, no pain, no gain. Well in this case, no pain no loss. I really need to lose a bunch of weight. Personal trainer at gym did my body fat measurement and wow was that an eye opener. So, even though my exercising program has been modified to cause the least amount of pain, I'm hurtin and not enjoying it one bit. I need all my spine health dieters to pull me along and keep me committed.

One thing about it. The amount of pain it causes me makes me forget about eating the high calorie stuff. Since it is so hard to exercise, there is no way I'm eating a bunch of goodies to counteract all the hard work I do.

So, even though it is only 1 pound, I think it will start coming off faster.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.