Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i'm so happy i found you

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
i just had fusion surgery jan 5th, L3-4. i am in tears because i read just a few posts and its everything i've been going through. i'm so happy this is normal, terrified at how long it will be and realizing that i have really been in the dark. my doc tells me nothing. my friends and family are up and down, i'm either doing too much or i'm doing too little. i feel the judgements everyday. my boyfriend is frustrated. i'm in hell and now i realize that it's not gonna get better anytime soon. i hate the percoset, it makes me sick and i still hurt. i have a herniated disc above my fusion point and i feel it. the doc said it would be ok, and it's not. my pain has always been on the left now its on both sides. god, i'm just randomly bitching here. i'm sorry. i just don't even know where to start. i'm in so much pain, mentally and physically and i just don't know what to do. i'm losing my life and i can't do anything about it!!!!

• Your in the right place! Happy u found us!! This is a community of people just like yoursef at wits end, join us anyday for chat and feel encourage that we do UNDERSTAND!
  • Your in the right place! Happy u found us!! This is a community of people just like yoursef at wits end, join us anyday for chat and feel encourage that we do UNDERSTAND!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Your surgery is still so fresh and new. The entire recovery process takes some time. Do not rush into anything. The most important things for you to do now is to adhere to all the limits and restrictions that your doctor gave you. Even 2 months post surgery is still fairly young looking at the total picture. You should be seeing signs of improvement week by week. Of course you will run into bad days, but you will also have some good ones.
    Always remember that you had this surgery and do all the life style activities (diet, exercise, restrictions and mind health) that will keep you strong and hopefully prevent any follow on spinal surgeries.
    Take care and welcome aboard.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi there dorita, welcome to Spine Health. I am so glad too that you found this place, as I can't imagine going through all the pain and confusion alone. You are in a "neighborhood" who understands and that can empathize with what you are going through. As dilauro said, there is a wealth of information on this site that can help you to understand your spine issues and know how to speak to your doctors and to ask the right questions. The more educated you are, the more comfortable you will be making decisions about your care. Again, welcome! If you are feeling lonely, confused, mad, depressed, anxious or just want someone to talk to, please PM me.
    ouchie (Laura)
  • You are just now beginning to recover.....the first few weeks/months are the hardest. Think back one month ago to today and try to remember how you felt then and now...do you see/feel any difference? It does take longer than we want and patience so don't worry, just take it slow and take care of yourself! You won't feel/see much difference daily but you will weekly/monthly. It will be 5 months post fusion for me Monday and I'm doing much better. I remember how sad and lonely I felt the first few weeks/months. Thank goodness for the wonderful people and info on this site to understand and help us. My family and friends did the same with me that yours is doing to you....telling us too much, too little, etc. but they never experienced this so they don't really understand how it feels.I think they try to push us sometimes because it scares them to see us like this and they think that pushy attitude might help us in some way (sometimes it hurts our feelings)...then they see the pain in our eyes/face and how hard we work to do more then it worries them we'll do too much and hurt ourselves....they don't know what to do for us, they feel hopeless too. Hang in there and take care of yourself!
  • so now I've got massive nerve damage in my left leg, I'm still wearing that freakin crab shell brace, and i just got laid off!!! god, why won't this get better?!?!?! i can't sleep, hence the fact I'm writing this at 1am,i'm so sick of percoset and neurontin and the tons of pheergan i have to take to be able to take the other two, my boyfriend is getting frustrated with me because i never want to have sex because I'm so afraid it will hurt and it does sometimes, and I've developed a raging case of run on sentences!!! :)

my doctor moves at the speed of snails...
  • thank you so much, all of you are so wonderful!!!! thank god i found this place!!!
  • I hope you can review the meds with your Dr. There must be something else that can help the pain that is better suited for you. It's rough you're going through all this recovery and losing your job and your boyfriend well, hopefully he'll adapt as you will feel better than you are now. Hug and prayers. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN