Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Can a bulging or herniated disc cause dizziness?

• I'm not sure if your dizziness is coming from your cervical region or not. You need to make sure whoever is treating you is aware of the condition. Muscle spasms can tighten so much they cause dizziness and you may want to look into cervical vertigo. But my best advice is if it severe is to have it checked with a doctor. There are so many things can cause dizziness and i would hate to lead you down the wrong path when it may be a unrelated symptom.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    tamtam is right, the disc problem itself should not be causing any dizziness. That should be coming from some other problem. It could be very minor or not, try to keep track when you do get this. Is it after medications? after eating? are you not eating enough, etc?
    I doubt if there is anyone that does not experience dizziness from time to time, but you do need to understand where that is coming from.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com