Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My new puppy

TracyLynneTTracyLynne Posts: 598
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Lighten and Brighten
My old dog is 15 1/2, almost blind and deaf and no longer wants to do the evening walks. For many years she went everywhere we went with the kids and without the kids, but now she just wants to sleep in her special place on the love seat and be fed chicken and rice twice a day.

Here I am one night, walking down the street minding my own business, when I come across a friend who is fostering a beautiful border collie puppy. (I bet you can see where this is going!!) She, "Lily", and I fall in love immediately and I know I need to have that little dog in my life. So...here we are four weeks later and Lily is a part of our family; every day she makes me laugh with her antics, she greets me in the morning and "talks" (I'm sure telling us how happy she is to have found us!), uses her long nose to roll her ball down the basement stairs, then runs down to get it and roll it down again. She has given me the incentive to get out for a walk every day and has become my faithful companion every second that I spend at home.

I had forgotten just how much joy these little creatures can bring into our life - I feel like a "proud mama" again!!

• She will help ease any pain you are in. Enjoy her & give her all your love & she will be one loyal companion always by your side.

See my thread on pets. http://www.spine-health.com/forum/depression-and-coping/pets
  • My hubbie brought me home a beautiful 5 year old regally spoiled Pekingnese and I instantly fell in love. When I feel horrible, she lays next to me and cuddles. It's no problem caring for her because she naps a lot, so it fits me schedule to a T. I'm alone all day and enjoy having her around. I hope you enjoy both your dogs for a long time to come because they surely are bundles of furry joy :)

PS Oh, and she's housebroken too #:S
  • No way you could say no to that! What a cutie!!
  • I love hearing about older dogs being adopted, too; I started out looking at a couple of five and six year olds, but they were too big for me. When Lily came along, I knew she was the one!!

You enjoy your furry friends, too!! As for the housebreaking....I think we're there after two weeks of persisting!! :wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" />
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Lily looks a beautiful dog. I had a male border collie years ago he looked just like her, Topper was also a young rescued dog. They are such an intellegent breed.You have already found that out lol

Enjoy the joy she brings you

TC Liz

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I'll see if I can post her picture here...how could I say no to this little face? :wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" />

• Border Collies are very intelligent. I had one half border collie and half Australian Shepherd. Talk about SMART! I had so much fun with my "Bud".

Topper. I like that name. Reminds me of Cary Grant...

• Is it really possible to potty train a dog in 2 weeks? That's incredible to me. I've had other Pekingese dogs when I was a kid and they wouldn't budge one bit. You know the deal- you walk them outside forever and then they drop their load on the carpet like clockwork. ~X(
  • Keep in mind that I didn't get my puppy until she was already over four months, as she had been fostered for a few weeks.

She is very intuitive...when I get upset with her, she "talks back" to me, and seems to understand RIGHT away that she's been bad!! We haven't had an accident in the house since my last post!! Yippee!!