Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stinger66sstinger66 Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Pain Medications
Doc put me back on oxycododne last week, so far I can tolerate them with minimal side effects. These were 30mg & thats too much for me. I checked with the pharmacie & they said I could cut them in half. So now lately I have been taking 2-3 halves daily. Weather is getting nice here so I can get out & walk the neighborhood. Things are starting to look better with the pain?? Wife & I are headed for divorce though. This is not what I want. X(

take care everyone, Norm

• Norm,

Glad to hear the oxycodone is helpful and that you are walking. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your wife. Unfortunately this is not uncommon as chronic pain places enormous stress on a marriage. It does not have to mean the end. Believe me, I know where you are coming from. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me or send me a message.

Take Care,

Fused L2-3 to S1 and at C5-6. I have a central herniation @ T11-12 and multiple bulging discs in my thoracic. I also have fibromyalgia and suspected arachnoiditis, awaiting my results of a recent MRI.
  • Norm,
    I really am sorry, divorce is certainly no picnic, especially when you are in pain! I am surprised it doesn't happen to more people with spine issues. It is so hard on everyone and yet what can you do? Pain affects every part of you: body soul and spirit it seems. So, I pray your marriage survives and that your pain continues to get better. hang in there. ouchie
  • I am so very sorry to here your marriage may not survive this. Please if you need, do not forget the Mind, Body, spirit section.

It can be very helpful to just type it all out and vent!
    I sometimes type a long vent and then instead of posting it I realize I feel better and just delete it!

Glad to hear your meds are helping the pain! Sorry again to hear about the marriage.