Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 surgeries down, need advice for upcoming MRI

smpdsniperssmpdsniper Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well I have posted here before. I am recently retired 34 year old cop after an on duty motorcycle injury in 07. ACDF C6-7 7/07 Anterior Posterior L4-L5, L5-S1 10/07. All of 08 was Okay, filled with low back pain but OK. 1 month ago I awoke with horrible neck pain on left side. MRI showed severe herniation C7-T1 as well as really bad discs at C5-6 above first surgery and C3-4. I had ACDF on 2/18, three weeks ago. He was going to take plate at C-6 and put in a large one after replacing C7 but said the C5-6 disc was so bad, not herniated though, that he didnt want to risk so he only put plate on C7-T1. Since surgery, I have had SEVERE!! pain on right side of neck, right arm, and upper chest. This pain is horrible.

Went to see DR last week. He ordered an MRI of Cervical and Thoracic. He believes I have another Herniation. I forgot to mention, one week post op I fell on my stairs while walking my daughter down and landed on my ass. Pain got really worse after that.

Any ideas, suggestions. Anyone think my little fall could have caused it. Help me. Any similiars? I am only on 3 percocets every 3 hours, its not helping at all!

• I'm sorry you are in so much pain. Of course your fall could have caused it. It's amazing sometimes how doing simple things can affect us when we already have problems. :< And if your surgery was only 3 weeks ago, fusion probably hasn't started yet, so you may have caused damage to your surgical site. Good luck on MRI, and keep us informed on what you find out. No more falling down stairs!