Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member to the club....

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi!!! I must say that this site has been so helpful to me over the past few months, thanks to all who have posted their stories!!! I am waiting for surgery - anterior cervical foraminotomy for my C5/C6 disc. It should be in about 2 or 3 weeks. I'm a little nervous about it, but I have to admit, am looking forward to being pain free... I hope it works!!!
I have DDD in my C4/C5/C6 discs, with osteophytes, and the C5/6 disc is protruding, but the surgeon figures that it has now herniated (thanks to a coughing fit while I had bronchitis a couple of months ago). PT had helped me immensely, until that point, and the pain, numbness and tingling, in my right shoulder and straight down my arm into my thumb came back with a vengeance. I've been off work for 6 weeks now, as I can't sit or stand for longer than 30 seconds, and to drive is out of the question (my doctor actually threatened to have my license suspended if they found out I was driving - is that normal?). Now, nothing helps with pain relief, Ihate popping pills, but none of what they've given me has helped anyways. The percocet takes a little of the edge off, but not enough to be worth taking them...
Anyways, if there's anyone out there who can tell me what to expect with this surgery, I'd really appreciate it!!
Hope to chat soon, until then, be well!!!
-Smiley ;)
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

• Hi,
    I'm new here. Just diagnosed in January 09 moderate OA both knees and right hip. Chronic back pain since my twenties, I'm now 46. I have a lot of questions but I'm trying hard to figure it all out. Am dieting, juicing raw veggies, taking borage oil and glucosamine. Am open to most alternative therapies. I'm having my first accupuncture treatment on my knees this week, and have gotten some results with capsacin cream. Hi everybody!
  • Hi Morgan, good to see another new person finding their way in here!! Definitely helps in feeling not so alone!! I, too have OA, both knees (menisectomy right knee, lateral release left knee) and hip bursitis left side, as well as ITBS and tendonitis in my left leg. I've found this site to be very informative in everything, have found a lot of answers, shedding light on quite a few issues. I wish you luck, and if you have any questions about anything, I'll try to help!!!
    -Smiley ;)
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I didn't have a forimanotomy, but did have a 3-lvl fusion. I consider mine a success and will be golfing again very soon. I still have some muscle spasms and occassional aching in my neck, but I'd say I'm at about 90% back to normal. I'd almost lost the use of my left arm and had tingling/numbness in my right arm before surgery and those symptoms were gone immediately after surgery. The only thing that hasn't gone away are those irritating muscle spasms.

Take care and good luck on your surgery. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just need to talk.