Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Painful Questions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
On January 13 I had an ALIF with cages. Pain never subsided and actaully got so bad that my wife called the doctor. It was 3 weeks post-op and i had severe shooting pain in my Left foot(only the left) So bad that i could not sleep, put a sock on that foot or even let the blankets or sheets put pressure on my foot. I would have gladly paid you 50$ to cut my foot off. So on to the ER. Got the CT scan and it showed that the Left cage had shifted(what I was told) and that they would have to go back in and take it out and put in pedicle screws posteirorly(spelling sorry)(Feb 19)So 10 days in the hospital later after a 6 hour surgery and an NG tube in for 5 days I went home. Felt sore but nothing like the last time. Had some minimal Left foot pain but you could touch it I wore socks I even slept a long time(I probably just passed out from lack of sleep). Took it easy and had xrays (3/11) showed the screws were good the cage was centered (which I questioned if they moved it and they said no...So did it move on its own???) Now i am back to having shooting pain in my Left foot. Not as severe but definetly a turn in the wrong direction. I am also having some back pain which has just started in the last 3 days. I am on Percocet10, Lyrica75mg, Flexeril10mg, Naproxen500mg, and Prilosec. I had a CT today (the doctor was called away to our Trauma Center for a GSW to the head so i could not speak to him regarding the results) and am wondering if any of this sounds normal to anyone. Thank you for reading
advertisement

Comments