Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

suggestions Please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi, First sorry this is so long but I am in need of suggestions. I am at the end of my rope. This year I have updated my MRIs on my neck, thoracic & lumbar.

Thoracic MRI shows spondilosis from t6-7 to t9-10. disc degeneration t7-8, t9-10 to t11-12. midline disc protrusion t7-8 the disc material comes in contact with the cord no impingement. t8-9 & t9-10 midline disc bulge the disc material is slightly eccentric to the right of midline. I have a 50% kyphosis curve.

I have pain from my mid back that wraps around my ribs & makes it hard to breathe it also goes right trough me. the spasms are off the charts. I cant drive without pain, I had to quit my job, thank God for ALFAC. Reaching hurts, bending etc... I have been seeing a pain dr for a while. We have done the gambit of injections some helped for a while but the pain is now getting worse with every day. I think some of it is probably the 40lbs I have gained in the past 3 mo. from the injections.

a bit else I have 3 bulges & 1 herniation in my neck, and a headache since october. And 2 herniations in my lumbar. I also have widespread pain that they say is fibromyalgia( I disagree)

The drs I have seen (NS, OS) say my pain is not from my disc problems nor my kyphosis. I can point to a spot in my back right where my disc problems are and it follows the nerve around my rib but they still say it is not from my discs. I am seeking 2nd opinions but just want to hear what you all have to say from your experience.

thank you in advance for all your help.

• Welcome to SH - I am sorry for all the difficulties that you are having. It sounds like a long list of issues in your spine. I am floored that they say your problems are not causing your pain -it sounds to me like it would cause pain....but i am no doctor.

I too suffer from the same 'got something stuck right thru me from b/w the shoulder blades wrapping around to the sternum - but like a pole right thru me and every one and a while (daily) someone janks on that pole. But on my mri they found nothing remarkable!

It would sound like getting another opinion would be on the list of things to do. Do you have all your own films and reports? It has been suggested to me to always make sure i have a copy for my own records.

What do they think is causing your pain? The fibro? I wish you all the best of luck...and keep us all posted...you never know who else might be in your same situation.

I am sorry I am not more help to you...it sounds like you have done all the same treatments as I - and yes the spasms are incredible. Do you have lumps all over your back? they tell me mine are just muscle knots - they even tried botox to help the spasms - didn't really do much at all.

Welcome and others here may have additional suggestions or input - they will be along shortly to reply.

• That's good you're getting a 2nd opinion. Most of the pain is referred pain meaning it's usually the heriated or bulging discs cause inflammation & arthritis and pain. The Pain Dr did my facet joints injections and that helped some of the pain and better ROM. Other more superficial pain may be relieved by trigger point injections which stop the spasms and elongate the muscle that is cramping up and stop the pain for awhile. I'm on my 2nd PM and going for a 3rd opinion with a Neurosurgeon after being blown off by 2 ortho Drs. I hope you get some help soon. Are you on nerve pain meds? Take care and let us know how it goes for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN