Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
I have had pain for 10 years but in 2005 it became hell. I was 325 and was diagnosed with this:

"Preservation of lumbar lordosis

L4-L5 focal central disk herniation moderately deforms the thecal sack.

L5-S1 central disk herniation with extrusion centrally and inferiorly.
Results in moderate thecal sac compression."

Could some one help me better understand that? I have lived in fear of losing B/B functions.

Since that day i was given those results i now weight 255 and have much less pain but the past few days have been bad. Not so much classic sciatica pain but just crushing radiating back pain in the L4-L5 region. It just got me thinking about my situation and i was looking on google and found this site. It has so much information. I look froward to becoming apart of this group.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Hi and welcome. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that can help answer your questions. I really can't help you there since I haven't had an MRI of my lumbar spine. Just wanted to welcome you here. Hope you have a better day today and I wish you the best of luck.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. there are some good nerve pain medications available for sciatica. talk to your doctor if you are interested. :-C i use Lyrica and have found alot of relief. =D> you are to be congratulated on your weight loss. <:P it is especially difficult to lose weight with pain issues. good luck as you seek pain relief. :D Jenny :)
  • It's great that you lost weight but sorry you have back pain. Are you on any pain meds and anti inflammaatory meds? Sometimes reviewing your meds with your Dr you can find meds that will help with the pain. I also had trigger point injections as well as facet joint injections. Have you seen an OrthoSurgeon or a Neurologist? Or Pain Management Dr? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN