Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Poll: How many GOOD evaluations by IME'S?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi all,
Just wondering if you would mind posting positive (for you) and negative (for insurance companies) opinions on your conditions that IME'S in any state have given? Have one scheduled for 4/18 with a "hired gun" for the insurance company (see IME thread). Thanks in advance!

• I have to say that the outcome of my IME was very positive for me. The WC insurance company did not mention it at all during my hearings, I am awaiting the WC Judge deceision on 4/21. My laywer also has used this report along with my doctors reports in my SSD apeal. There is a link on the old formum that helps understand what the IME is about and how to prepare yourself for one.

Hope it works yet. The pdf is about 19 pages but it does make the IME less stressful.

• It seems the link doesn't get to the pdf anymore....
  • Well, I have to say that I have had a few horrible IME'S. I now have a different comp doctor seeing me, and he is no where as horrible as the other one was! I have a IME on 4/9.
  • I had 2 IME's, one prior to fusion and one 4 months after. It was the same doctor and both were ok. WC approved my surgery in about one month. No hearings or court thing needed for any benefits or treatment. In fact, My doctor had cleared me to return to work on light duty prior to secend IME, and the IME said still temp total disability. Good luck!
  • I have had four IME's Two of them were order via my attorney to see if anything could still be done. They were ordered as work comp was refusing medical care. Work comp then followed with two more which lead to surgery. I found something interesting that IME's are typically paid for a head of time. Work comp didn't send a check on one of them and the doc refused till the money was received. Those typically run in the neighborhood of 1,500-2,500. You can look on some doctors credentials and you will see they are certified by the american board of independent medical examiners. So not sure who is ordering the test or why but make sure you are honest and expect to do something repetitive if they have and doubt you maybe not telling the truth. If it is a work comp case you may find someone following you that morning into the facility and watching you the entire time. They may also follow you home as well. My best advice is just be yourself and don't omit any information. If you have a extensive medical history be sure to bring a cheat sheet so you don't accidentally leave anything out. It may also help to make a list of your current symptoms and conditions as well. Good luck keep us posted on how you get along with it. Hope everything works out in a manor to give you the most help.