Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Serenity6SSerenity6 Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I just had a great person let me vent and that felt great! Sometimes people do not understand what you are going thru. For instance my husband calls me baby! Well lets just say I don't take it. I do give him lip back.

Anyone who needs to vent, please do so beacuse I am here for you!X(X-(

• I tell him that all the time. he has not got a clue to what pain is. I am 27 and I have had three 8 pound boys, a tubal, gallbladder removel, ERCP(Removal of gallstones from my liver duct), Vaginal hysterctomy, and a Left saplingo oopherectomy(removal of left ovary). I can actually tolerate pain well. Nerve and Gallbladder pain is rough.

It is a proven fact that women can tolerate 10 times more pain that men. However I have seen some pretty tough men.

Men please do no take this offensive, just venting on the husband.:) :) :)
  • Give me a break, us girls are the ones who give birth and no one can call us babies. Back pain is nothing to sneeze at and no one knows how bad it really is until it happens to them. Hey, I survived 32 hours of BACK labor when I had my son <):)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    but can you believe that men might have to shave their faces every day! Now, what an unbelievable burden... Whew!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My mother tells me to suck up the pain and stop being such a baby! The nerve of her. She has no idea what it is like to have a compressed nerve. I also tell her that I still have the same pain as before surgery and she tells me that I'm wrong and the pain isn't there anymore. It's a good thing I can just hang up the phone with her and get on with my day.

I'm very greatful that I have a supportive husband. He has always been there when I need him. He is doing all he can to make me comfortable at home.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Ha Ha! Those razor nicks are rough aren't they? A man could bleed to death! =))
    Couldn't help myself! =))
  • dilauro i know its such a pain to shave your face. good thing you guys don't have to wax LOL. especially down there LOL.
  • I am so glad to see some laughter! I guess we made a couple of people smile kat!

Like the wax, good come back! :)
  • I feel for you I had 17 1/2 hours of back labor with my baby, it was rough. He was turned the wrong way he came out face up. :??
  • just had to add my 2 cents - started back labor march 8 in the pm - delivery on march 10 at 1:13 in the am - I never knew there could be such pain - no one warned my you'd throw up from the pain! ended with emergency c section and NICU, moved from michigan to ohio 3 weeks to the day of her birth, and then had 2 kidney stones 4 weeks to the day she was born (and throwing up again from the pain) - had to have them surgerically removed - too big to pass on my own -
    But so thankfully she is heathly and happy 9 year old today!!! I'd do it all again if it gave me such the prize as wonderful as her. Next kid - PLANNED C SECION - Labor is overrated - in my humble opinion
  • I bet that was more than a rough one!

Your tough! I can say that for sure!
  • Sometimes we don't realize how small the world is! :)