Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lumbar surgery scheduled Mon, 3/23 at 8 a.m.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Surgery origianlly scheduled for 2/23 and Anthem denied coveage....after appeals, begging, grovveling, second opinion they have overturned their decision and surgery is set for Mon. at 8 a.m.

I am to have a depression and PLIF at two levels, L4-5 and L5-S1.

Getting more and more nervous now, but anxious to get this over and recover.

Thanks for all the advice and support.

• I have Athem, had to take my case to Appeals as well. Finally got it approved. My surgery is scheduled for the 23rd as well, 1/2 hour before yours. :jawdrop: Wonder if the same guy was working that day - ha! Good luck!
  • Good Luck to both of you. Had this surgery PLIF and discs replaced on Dec 11th. Will be thinking of you both and watching for updates. I also had to fight Ins. Co. Not the dame one, but it must be policy to deny back surgery hoping you wont keep trying. My Dr wrote a 6 page letter and it still didnt matter. Got mad and called the Medical Director over 3 states. That finally got action. If all else fails, go to the top! Wishing you both speedy recoveries! Any questions, please ask. If I can help one person, I have done at least one thing useful for the day. They get pretty long...LOL
  • Hi Barney,
    I had a 2 level alif, the surgery went well and I started fusing at about 5-6 months. You're having it done a good time of the year, you probably will feel pretty good when summer hits!
    Let us know how it went....Take Care Sagehen
  • I have enjoyed everything I've read on this site. My sweet husband gets concerned when I read something that is less than positive here....but I tell him that the info is so good and helpful. It is. He's just worried and I think I'm more worried for him than for me. I keep reminding him and me that I am going to listen to the Dr.s advice after surgery and become the most spoiled wife ever. I don't want to continue to have surgeries if at all possible.
    I know that no one does.

Interesting that today I received 2 requests for interviews after I recover from my surgery. One from a local tv personality that I had contacted as she delves into insurance dilemas. The other was from someone that is writing a book about the wrongs that ins. cos. do. I agreed to speak with each of these people. Something constructive to look forward to. They each said they want to know what I did to get Anthem to reverse their 3 denials !!!

I'm getting more and more scared. Had to get phenogran and ativan from my PCP yesterday to help with the nausea and nerves.....haven't taken much, just there in case.

Thank you everyone for the good encouragement. Now, I just wish that we could ask the ones of us that believe in the power of prayer.....could we encourage our members to say a prayer each and every day for our members on this forum.
    I don't want to offend anyone and please forgive me if I do.
    I personally believe in prayer and just think it would be a nice gesture to remember all of our members here....at least once a day whether we check in here daily or not....just a short prayer of please and thanks.

I may not get a chance to write again until after surgery, but I will be reading the posts. Have a great weekend everyone.