Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

crps, fibromylgia, rheumatoid arthritis,sleep apnea

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:29 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Monica and I am 44 yrs old. I came to this site in hopes of finding other people like myself and to possibly get some answers. It all started in 92 when I had a neuroma removed from my right foot. 93 I had another removal done and then another. I developed RSD and had to have many injections and was put on disability in 2001. I have had the spinal cord stimulator put in and removed in the same month. My body would not stand for that machine in me. I have seen many Doctors in the past 16yrs. I am currently waking up in the middle of the night in the worst pain of the day. While I am sleeping I have to wake myself up enough to sit on the edge of the bed so I can get the feeling back in my legs or arms/ which ever at the time is effected. I once broke my left foot because my left leg went numb and tried to get the feeling back by standing up. I knew in my head that I couldn't stand on my left leg but my foot got behind me somehow and I leaned on myleft side and heard a POP! I wore a cast for a couple of weeks followed up by a shoe cast then physical therapy for awhile. I have told my DOctor almost on every visit that this happens to me and that it is a painful numb feeling. After I get the feeling back I hurt in that area.I would love to communicate with people that are similiar with my myself.
advertisement

Comments

• I have arthritis and sleep apnea as well as numbness in my hands and feet. I am going for nerve conduction tests next week in order to find out where the numbness is coming from. Maybe nerve conduction tests would be helpful for you too. I wish you much luck and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. if you find your present doctor is not really listening, perhaps it is time to find another. :-C i hope you feel better soon. good luck as you seek pain relief :D Jenny :)
  • Hi My name is sokphal Sam. I'm serving in the marine corp. I was dignose CRPS after my second wrist surgery. I was frist seen for torn tendens on my wrist. My otho try to tighten my tendens but that didn't work. After that he did a four conner bone fusion and right after that surgery I started to have burning pain and numbig feeling on my whole right arm. I when back to him and he say that I might have CRPS. So he send me to a pain management. When i went to the pain management appointment they say the same thing as my otho doctor. They didn't say was dignose with CRSP/ So they give me all sorts of medication and talk to me about that pain. When they first try to do the nerve block on me. The doctor stop in the middle of it because i was shaaking to much. So i went to see another otho to have a second opinion on my wrist. He say that way the other otho did my surgery was incorrect and he have to do a corrected surgery. Right after the third surgery I could move my finger and I have severe swelling on my hand with black coloring on my hand. also I have shoting burning pain from my finger tip to my shoulder. A week later I when to the ER to get it check out. They call my otho to check it out. The otho did a x ray and saw that the pin that the put in the wrist have broken in my wrist. so he have to do a emergecy surgery to remove the pin out. That was when my CRSP got worst. I was in the hospital every other day because of my pain was 9/10. So my otho have referral me to a differcne pain management. One look from the pain management. He stook his head and say that I have a class 2 CRSP and needed attantion. So he did 15 nerve block plus put 5 caffinor to numb the arm. when he saw that it did work he send me to the bethesda naval hospital. They try the spinal cord stimulator. It bring my pain from a 9 to 6. So after that he inplanted the spinal cord stimulator. It work a little. I'm still in pain and they still got me on so many pain meds. I been like this for about 2 year and my finger still could not move at all. I was just wondering if I can sue the doctor for massing up my hand. If anybody know a lawyer that will take my case?
  • Hi My name is sokphal Sam. I'm serving in the marine corp. I was dignose CRPS after my second wrist surgery. I was frist seen for torn tendens on my wrist. My otho try to tighten my tendens but that didn't work. After that he did a four conner bone fusion and right after that surgery I started to have burning pain and numbig feeling on my whole right arm. I when back to him and he say that I might have CRPS. So he send me to a pain management. When i went to the pain management appointment they say the same thing as my otho doctor. They didn't say was dignose with CRSP/ So they give me all sorts of medication and talk to me about that pain. When they first try to do the nerve block on me. The doctor stop in the middle of it because i was shaaking to much. So i went to see another otho to have a second opinion on my wrist. He say that way the other otho did my surgery was incorrect and he have to do a corrected surgery. Right after the third surgery I could move my finger and I have severe swelling on my hand with black coloring on my hand. also I have shoting burning pain from my finger tip to my shoulder. A week later I when to the ER to get it check out. They call my otho to check it out. The otho did a x ray and saw that the pin that the put in the wrist have broken in my wrist. so he have to do a emergecy surgery to remove the pin out. That was when my CRSP got worst. I was in the hospital every other day because of my pain was 9/10. So my otho have referral me to a differcne pain management. One look from the pain management. He stook his head and say that I have a class 2 CRSP and needed attantion. So he did 15 nerve block plus put 5 caffinor to numb the arm. when he saw that it did work he send me to the bethesda naval hospital. They try the spinal cord stimulator. It bring my pain from a 9 to 6. So after that he inplanted the spinal cord stimulator. It work a little. I'm still in pain and they still got me on so many pain meds. I been like this for about 2 year and my finger still could not move at all. I was just wondering if I can sue the doctor for massing up my hand. If anybody know a lawyer that will take my case?
  • What State are you in? Is it a work injury? On 3-25-09 a display case door came off the hinges and fell on my big right to and fractured it, found out 6 months after that I have CRPS no other doctor would tell me this they made me think it was all in my head the pain I was feeling, I am on my third attorney, this guy is in Torrance, CA. He has already proved to me by seeing me twice, returns my phone calls, and gets on to me to be prompt! This is the kind of attention we need during our unfortunate circumstances. I hope this helps you.
advertisement