Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T11-T12 Just diagnosed help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I was just referred to a neurosurgeon because my neurologist said my MRI showed a 7mm left paracentral posterior disk protrustion/extrusion causing pressue over the anterior aspect of the thecal sac as well as mild pressure over the left side of the conus medullaris. I have no pain but L'hermettes and lots of tingling. He said no running etc, so now I am totally freaked out! My EMG test showed no damage yet. Any suggestions? Maybe I should go to Loma Linda or UCLA? I have an HMO so not sure if I should change in June or how fast to act or what not to do.

• Welcome to spine health! It sounds like you have an appointment to make - I do not have any direct experience with your findings...but i am sure some one here will be able to give you some feed back soon.

In the meantime, take things one step at time and wait to speak to the neureosurgeon - make the appt. first. And i am not certain if you mentioned NEVER TO RUN or maybe don't do any running for now - see if you are able to get that clarified.

Lastly, take a deep breath and get as much information regarding the mri findings as you can (without freaking yourself out). It would appear that the doctors have your best interest at heart....

And as you travel this road...you have support here - questions, guidance, listeners...

take care and keep us updated
  • He said do not "bounce" or run, especially on concrete cause of the pressure on my spinal cord. That freaked me out! I am very active and workout. I ride and race a sport bike and dirt bike. I was going to do the dirt, but the nurse said NO dirt bike! I also was going to try and trapeze with a girlfriend and she said NO! Then the doctor said "don't get into a car accident, cause you could be paralized". The nurse then said "yeah, nothing like living in a bubble". So that pretty much made me a nervous wreck and I have to wait for a referral because I have a freggin HMO! I also have to get another MRI of the T region because they happen to have barely caught the T11/12 in the lumbar MRI cause he initially was looking for MS. So turns out my back was jacked from ages ago that all doctors told me it was "muscle" in my 20's. I have no idea how severe 7mm is but it doesn't sound "good". I guess I should be glad I have a desk job, and be happy I have numbness instead of pain. He told me that 2-5 yrs from now will be bad; take care of it NOW. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek is the T region really that serious in regards to surgery? I need a drink! ; )