Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frequent Questions

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
but not a formal FAQ. I keep the Spine-Health FAQ up to date with new information.
This is more informal trying to address some questions that I see come up very often. Here are just a few:

How do I ask my doctor for stronger pain medications?
- What does my MRI report mean?
- Is Physical Therapy important?
- etc

This is a work in progress. I will glady add more here and when appropriate add them to the formal FAQ. You can tell when I have completed work on a question, when it is in blue and available as a hyperlink
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    without looking to be a drug seeker. How it came to be and why its here, is not the intent here, but we all now that pain medications has a certain stigma...
    But for chronic pain sufferers, pain medications are just one of the many things that can help us.
    Many members have posted here that their current level of pain medications is not doing anything for them and how do they approach their doctor.

For starters, I will just say that doctors are humans also. So many of them will resist when someone tells them what to do. In a perfect world, you should be able to just ask and everything would be black and white... Its not.

The best approach is to discuss with your doctor that your current medications do not seem to help with your pain. And that is impacting everything you are doing. Explain the pain and your problems, summarize it, dont give them blow by blow moments.

Then you should always end it with, ok, do you have any suggestions that we could do that would help manage my pain?

Doing that, you allow the doctor to review your situation and come up with the best plan. Now, some many suggest other treatments in lieu of increased pain medications.
    Ok, its always worth a try. When you can demonstrate that you are willing to do what the doctor is asking, it will be easier when the time comes for more pain medications.

Try it this way, I can almost guarantee that you will just earned some respect from your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • thanx for advice ron i know wht u mean about stigma. im going to new pain dr. today hoping she is more sympathetic than current dr. me and current dr dont see eye to eye and we havnt met any of our pain mngnt goals. so this post came at a ggod time for me. ill ost how it went today..thanx again ron, keepmposting her the pppy...e