Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting a Cold and Surgery is only 4 days away

poolladyppoollady Posts: 154
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everyone, I have not been on the computer for a couple days. I have been really busy at work and preparing for surgery in 4 days, March 24, done Pre-op and all the stuff to prepare.
Now I started with a stuffy nose, feel like I am getting a cold or ear infection. I have an appointment today at 3:15 to see my PCP and hope we can get this thing gone. I so do not want to postpone surgery and go through all this stuff again, I am so nervous anyway. Anyone that would please pray for this to go away so I can proceed as planned.
I hope everyone is doing ok and I will update as soon as I can. I will have wireless internet at the hospital and my husband will be staying with me, the hospital I will be in has all private rooms and they told him he can stay the whole time. My husband is Darrin and I told him I will show him how to get on my SH account so if I don't feel up to sending an update he will.
Thanks to everyone that has been so kind to chat and make me feel better about this surgery. I hope to catch some in chat over the weekend, but if not, I will be back on soon.
Take care,

• I hope it doesn't interfere with your surgery date. The 24th is the day of my pre-op for my April 6th surgery. I am a teacher and have been asking the kids who are not feeling well to try not to breathe all over me. I said a prayer for you as soon as read your post. Good luck to you!
  • Hi Poollady!

I know how it feels under the weather during recovery. I will pray that the bug that you have will be gone by the time you have surgery. Are you taking multivitamin? It is one of my staples as a teacher to avoid sickness. It doesn't work all the time, but I don't get as sick as others do. Or being around sick kids has build up my immune system.

Good luck. Keep us posted!
  • I had a cold the day of my surgery. I felt it coming on for days before, and sure enough, that morning it was kinda bad. I kept telling the pre op nurses about it, and they took my temp, etc... I was able to continue due to it just being a bug/viral thing. I also had a full blown migraine, which continued after the surgery. That was my major problem in the hospital. Good luck to you, and remember to just inform them @ the hospital if you still feel sick the day of surgery. They will definitely monitor you.
    take care,
  • I saw my PCP today and she found I have a sinus infection. She gave me antibiotic, musinix and nose spray. TeacherTX, I do take a multi vitamin everyday, Thanks. I guess it was just my time to get this sinus infection, I am just so glad it is not bronchitus, that is my usual ailment.
    Thanks for all the prayer, that means so much to me. I will also continue to pray for all of you.
    Zach, I posted a message on your post a few minutes ago, before I read this, take care. We are so happy you are home and with your family.
    Take care,