Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello to all!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello! my names Jennifer and I am 27 yrs young with LOTS of low back pain and lots of pain down my left leg. I feel like Im at my wits end with this pain. Im still working at the moment only because my husband has been out of work and had back surgery in January. I had an MRI yesterday and my doctors office called and said it is L5/S1 but I dont know yet what all is wrong. They are refering me to the back doc. I go back to my family doc in a lil while and hope he can refill my pain meds as I can not move with out them. Any advice would help!!

Oh and I wanted to add that i have a orthopod gravity traction A frame looking device. does anyone know if this will help at all? My husband and his friend both think i should do this daily but I dont want to hurt myself anymore than I am already hurting.

Hope to meet people who know what I am going through.

• Welcome to this wonderful place, sorry you are here as that means you are in pain. I have never hear of that device, others may have . I am about 6 months out from L3-4 & L4-5 fusion. I am still in alot of pain & wonder how I can get back to work? Hope you get the answeres you need, & come back here often & vent if ya have to. Many good folks here who are always ready to listen & help however they can.

take care & God bless, Norm
  • Okay went to my family doctor he wasnt much help at all. Other than refering me to the back doc. which he says will take alot of time to get in there since they are very busy. Thats not good because Ive ran out of patience with this pain. which Im sure alot of you know all to well what Im talking about! I do have the report now so I can actually sound like I know what Im talkign about when Im telling people what is going on.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and asnwer what questions we can. there are many good nerve pain medications out now for your leg pain. please talk to your doctor about this! :-C i am sure he will have suggestions for you once a diagnosis is made. good luck as you seek pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • I need to call and ask him about nerve pain meds. He didnt mention any but after a weekend of some baad pain and people telling me that they think i need nerve pain meds Im gonng call in the morning and see what he says. Thanks
  • Sorry to hear about your pain. The only thing I can probably offer is the name of the nerve medicine I am on since my surgery. It is called Gabapentin, which is the generic name for Neurontin. It helped a lot after my surgery.