Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Call from PM and confused about what is going on

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have an appt. with mayo on the 17th of april for the process to begin getting a spinal cord stim. My Pm Dr's office called and said the Dr. can do another RF procdure and may also want to do a cortisone injection in the coxy area. I do have a appt. with him Mon. to go over this but I am confused. I had a RF done on my lower back 3 levels 7 months ago did me real good and than back in pain and had another one done on the 13th of last month and did nothing I feel he did not hit the right nerve because I would not have this pain. The MA said their are lots of nerves in one spot so she will see if the Dr. will do another rf providing the ins will pay. UHH?? My ins. is good and has no cap on any medical nessary procdures so the phone call today this other MA says well you have the appt. with the Dr. Monday of course that cost me my copay of $50 She says well maybe the Dr. will not do another RF but do a cortisone injection. Is this like all the other injections I have got?? I am confused. All I know is that this RF did not work this time and if it did I would not be in this 10 plus pain. I guess I am needing to vent and also so confused. Please reply

• Oh I must say that from my first RF that held for months when I called back in pain the MA said the Dr. said he can not do anything else for me but he can do the rf again but, i will have to wait until the 6 month period hits. So, now he says he will do it and it is only a little over a month??? THey know I am going to mayo because I had them fax all my record over. Do you think that they just want me in the office to get another visit to bill me and my ins.?? I know that seems not good thinking but, can't help it. I was really upset with this office staff due to all this pain and told them if the Dr. can't do anything for me than why come in and pay more money. I will just go elsewhere. Mind you he is limited to doing only certain things does not give meds which has been ok all this time until now. I am just confused. Guess I will see on Mon. what he has up his sleve. I will be really pissed if he tells me well their is nothing left for me to do and I see you are going to mayo for the spinal cord stim. That would be the icing on the cake.