Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd Opinion surgery needed

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey Guys,

Thought that I would give an update. I visited a neurologist yesterday(3/19/09). I will say that he gave me a through exam to see weather I had any nerve damage. And it come back as some nerve damage. He is also in agreement with the neurosurgeon that I do need the surgery. I asked how soon and he suggested as soon as possible. One of the reflex test he did on my arms showed that when the reflexes on my arms where hit my fingers turned in.The longer I wait the more nerve damage there will be. The damamge I have already may not come back but it will stop further damage from happening.I will return to my neurosurgeon wih a list of questions before scheduling the surgery.I know that C3-C7 has herinated disc's and C4 has severe stenosis with narrowing of th spinal cord. I know that he is talking about fusing and placing rods in my neck. If scares the dickens out of me. Any questions that you have that I may ask my neurosurgeon would be great. I am still in shock and can not think what I need to ask.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.



  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I've had similar issues to what you have, discs collapsed resulting in a corpectomy, discectomy, fusion of C3 thru C4 with a strut, cage, plates, rods,
    & screws installed from both anterior & posterior. I waited a little too long to have the source diagnosed (my fault) and i do have some permanent nerve
    damage. Waiting longer would risk permanent paralysis and/or incontinence.
    Try not let this scare you, I am much better off today for the surgery.
    Take care,
Sign In or Register to comment.