Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hey Ranchhand, a song for ya!

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Depression and Coping
I finally started working with another songwriter, he's a nice 'older' gent who lives down the street and this is the first draft I recorded of one of his songs called 'An Old Dog Like Me'. He sang the lead vox 9i did the rest), I'm working on 'tweaking' the lyrics a little and will be redoing the recording and elaborating on the orchestrating (any keyboard players on here near Allenstown NH???).

He writes a lot of songs but hasn't ever recorded before so i'm pretty impressed with his singing/recording for a first timer!

It took about 4 hours to record and when done, I was pretty much ready to go into the hospital. Way too much sitting 'forward/standing' all at once/in a row. Funny it was just a year ago that it wouldn't have caused so much pain.

I wanted to get to the 2nd recorded version today but it was too hard to get off the heating pad!

• I was gonna give ya a holler to see how uuuu doin? glad to see your back to writing n recording!
    tried the player gonna try again tommorrow at work/internship type thinggy.
    ive got the rumbling and ruminations of new lirics on the burner, check with ya soon!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• i'm getting worse, just doing that rough demo has killed my back, Ron (the lyracist) came over yesterday for a few minutes and i went over some new chord changes i'm putting in the song to see if he liked it (yes he did) and we also tweaked the lyrics to better the story & flow of the singing bits.

I had to double my meds afterwards throughout the day and wound up sitting in my recliner 9w/heating pad) half the night then this morning my wife said i woke her up screaming in pain while trying to turn over in bed - I don't remember that happening.

This morning I've been sitting in front of the computer too long and my thoracic disks are just about to pop out of my back. The reason i'm writing this is because I took 'more' meds about an hour ago & went to lie down (hard to breath from the crushing chest pain) and I just got a call from a keyboard player.

It was on the bedroom phone (short cable) so he suggested I call him back (on the wireless phone in the kitchen). So 3 minutes later - I've called him back twice, leaving messages...
    It's always something ain't it...?
  • Daannng buddy, ime getting the sympathetic reaction to your plight...
    you know the distressed chesty feelin? the lump rising at the throat type thing.
    take care of yourself first, the music is always there, waiting for ya, she's never gonna leave you and will always pick you up!
    be careful and I hope wondrful things come your way!
    ps. Ive woke myself up with earie moans and sudden back quakes!
    take care friend and be cool on yor stool>..<
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Thanks my friend, I have to tell you something funny - it finally happened - my 18 y/o son FINALLY likes one of my songs! he told me last night (while I was re-recording the 'old dog' tune) that he likes the 'first' version better than the 'elaborate' one i'm redoing (more chords, more 'jazzy' feel) and it was the saddest song he's ever heard.

Well, i then played 'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry' and 'Born to Lose' (two old C&W tunes). He said "Your playing the same chords in both songs!"
    I said "That's country for ya!"

My pcp's office called me this morning, I asked him to get and look at my last MRI from a few months ago before I fired my surgeon and he wants to talk to me about it my next visit next week. So there's 'something new' and probably not good.

Anyway, 'now' that i'm in a 'country writing' mode, i've been thinking of some new song titles:
    View from a window
    I wish my heating pad was waterproof
    Rosey rose too high
    How did today get here so fast
    This 'ol chair
    Cat fights and dog dreams
    Love abhors a vaccuum
    I wish my walker was a Harley
    Old light in young eyes

But... I finally found a keyboard player that i'm hoping will come over soon and lay down some keyboard on this tune!
    We talked for awhile on the phone and clicked so things seem to be heading in a good direction.

As far as that 'distressed chesty feeling' & 'Lump in your throat', it could be heartburn...;>)
  • heart burn wouild be a great title for a country song
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• hows the song coming?
    my well of ink has temporarili run dry...bummer.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• it's done except for some piano I want on it during the solo break. A local pianist was going to come over this morning but called last night to say he's gotta work on getting his taxes done B4 it's too late.

I was hoping to put 3 part harmonies on it (me) but I can only do one part especially when the key changes from C to D but I can't seem to reach those high notes. I've also been sick the past week and the rainy weather hasn't helped either!

I'm debating whether to ask the local high school music teacher if she can get her chorus students to sing on it but I know with the school's drama club doing their South Pacific production next week, she won't have time until that's over with and we (me and the songs co-writer Ron) want to get the tune sent to Nashville ASAP (well, he does, i'm not holding my breath...;>).
  • Jim, Where'd it go? I wanted to listen to it in its almost finished version! I got an old dog and a porch.
    Sure could use a song to cheer me up bout now ...
  • Sorry about that, been remixing & stuff!

P.s. the rain is also made of cheesegraters & rusty dull railroad spikes...;>)
  • Here's the cd 'album' cover, as you can see, I've let myself go since I had my pic taken for my avatar... it's all that mountain dew....;>)
    My daughter Kiera took the pic this morning - good enough for me!

• That's really a great song! Good for you! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks, as long as it makes someone feel a bit better, then it worked!
  • Thanks, I knew you were still working on it. I suspected it had been reworked! It does sound real good, fer and old dog.... :D
  • sounds like a good name for a band - 'Old Dogs'...
    I have a song called 'Hush Little Puppies' that I should get around to recording. Between the dog & fish songs, I should try & get a sponsorship from the ASPCA & PETA...!!!

Except PETA is trying to foster some new ideal that fish feel pain and sport fishing should be stopped and they want to rename some ocean fish with a kitten name or something...

They can take my rod away from me when they pry it from my cold dead fingers...

Wait, that didn't quite sound the way I meant...;>)
    I meant my pole... um, no, I really meant my stick, 2 part foldable shaft - NO! I meant my graphite implant - ARGH!
    FISHING POLE!!! Yes! Fishing pole.
    I meant fishing pole...
    Yes I did...
  • Ime getting some kind of error message when i try to hook into the link, something bout getting a lan network setup or somesuch.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• It works from here! btw, send me a PM or email with your name, address & phone so's I can list you as co-writer for Down By The Wall...
    If 'something' happens with me & Ron then 'Down' and Shiloh's song will be going out next.

I need Spirit's (for Shiloh's song) contact info too!!!
  • If I was Jesus I could stop my family from dyin around me
    Ide turn the hands of time back so I could give them the love they deserve instead of got,

If I was Jesus, I would give the world a hand
    send some hope into the land
    give the farmers water for their land

If I was Jesus I would heal all my family and friends
    give them answers for all the prayers that they send
    give them some hope that they could spend...

But Ime not
    I cant stop the hands of time
    I cant keep my friends from crime
    cant keep the cold and time
    away from them

There no love left for the pain
    theres no shelter from the rain

Jesus forgives what I cant forget
    Jesus gives when I cant,
    theres nothing left

I wouldnt know
    Ime not him and couldnt be.