Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie frm SC, Severe Pain after 2 back surgeries HELP!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey y'all. My name is Nichole and I just decided to join this forum hoping to have a chance to talk to people who are going through what I go through. Sometimes you become so overwhelmed by the pain, and you feel so alone. I'm hoping to meet people who might have gone through or is going through what I am, not that I wish that on anyone, I don't...I have posted my story under the "back surgery" topic--"severe pain after 2 surgeries". I would appreciate any advice or words of wisdom...Thank you so much.

• i hope you find the answers your looking for here! good luck on the pain and I hope you find relief!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please know you are not alone. :D drop by anytime you are feeling down. i am sorry you are having such severe pain. :''( i do hope you find pain relief soon. good luck! :D Jenny :)
  • It's a rough go of it alone. I'm glad you found us. I hope you're feeling a little better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Charry. Thank you for responding. I try and take it one day at a time otherwise it becomes overwhelming. I appreciate your response though. I myself went through the facet injections and epidurals with no results. I hope you find relief with them as I know alot of people do.
  • Hi everyone
    I myself am new on here also and I totally agree with NicoleD..that is where I am recently at...the pain and trying to keep my head up..I had L5S1 decompression with intrabody spinal fusion and instrumentation...I also have other herniations most notably L4...I had at surgery left sides sciatica after surgery add the foot...7 months since surgery my back pain is worse than before...or should I say more chronic...I can't do anything without paying for it..My docs give no pain meds...I am on neurontin although after visit in January he wants me to taper off as MRI showed structurly I am fine...Well HELLO why do I still have pain??? They cut my PT to 1 day a week now their reasoning was less is more..because as soon as I do well then I backslide...I am currently really depressed...I can't get them to listen...I trip especially on uneven surfaces...I thought it would be better than this..I do feel in a sense "better" but the back pain is getting old..I was told that basically there guideline is where you are at a year is where you will be...pain wise etc...I don't want to accept that...I am going to start walking outside but am nervous because I trip! I guess I was wondering if everyones physicians have same "guideline"?
    Thank You!