Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First Post Op Appt.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went Thurs. the 19th & had my stitches removed, it went OK. I then talked with my surgeon & was told I can't start physical therapy until the 3 month post op mark. So, for now just very slow walking & am suppose to use my granny walker. :)

It's been 19 days post op & I am still very sore. I move quite slow & am still sleeping a lot. I am taking methadone & percocet. I try not to take it unless I really am in pain. I have only been out of the house once since i got home from the hospital.

So far I would say I'm doing pretty good over all. Thank God for my hubby because there are a lot of things I can't do yet. Not sure if I mentioned this before but my surgeon could only get my spine about 50% straightened. :( I suppose anything is better than how it was. I was in surgery for 2 hours longer than expected because the Doc. had to scrape a lot of arthritis off my spine.

Oh & I found out that I am severly allergic to surgical type tapes. WOW! I am telling you that the pain & blisters from the tape was worse than the surgical incision as far as pain & itching goes. It's not pretty. My hubby tried using 4 different types of tape to keep my dressings on & I'm allergic to all. Even the hypo allergenic & paper tapes, were bad!

Well I can;t think of much else for now, I just hope everyone else who had or will have surgery are healing up well. It's a slow healing process but will be worth it in my book.

Good Luck,

• I hope you're feeling better and heal without too much problems. Did you have leg pain or numbness before? I wish you all the best for your healing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yes Charry I had a lot of leg pain & numbness before surgery. My legs feel great now. I am mainly sore from the surgery. Had major trouble with the surgical tape, found I am allergic to it. That was a big surprise.

I been sleeping a lot & getting plenty of rest. Hope you get some relief too. Best of luck to you.